macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    HDD/CPU/Memory
    Hi Rounik, mpv-heads, Oh man. This is nuts! I really need your help here dude. Here is my MacBook info: MAC OS X Version 10.5.6 320GB 7200RPM HDD (upgraded from 120GB 5400RPM last week) 2 GB Memory 320GB External HDD Dude. I just upgraded my internal HDD, and it is freakin' slower than before! Everything is slower! My keyboard itself is slower, Logic "system overload" pop-up comes up every freakin second, Mainstage's Memory is always in the RED even when I open it! What the F _ _ K is going on with my computer???????????? Any ideas? Is my computer compatible with and upgrade of 7200RPM from 5400? I need ya on this one dude:) Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: HDD/CPU/Memory
    Hi Jodie hmmmm... How did you upgrade it... Who upgraded it? What's your I/O buffer size in Mainstage? try turning spotlight off or wait for it to fully index your drive... to turn it off: System Preferences > Spotlight [Privacy] select your HD? Does your mac support more ram? That would be the thing to upgrade to help me thinks. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, I turned Spotlight off and selected my internal HDD and my external HDD. It seems a little quicker but too early to tell. My MAC can support up to 4GB of ram. I have 2GB right now. Do you think that could be it as well? Thanks man. Jodie p.s. Could the ram be the reason that the following always pops up? "Audio file 01 Anoko...mp3 not found!" Search/Manually/Skip/Skip All
  • Jehubyi
    Hi again Rounik, You asked me "How did I upgrade it & who upgraded it?" My friend, who is a Mac-head, upgraded it, but he just told me that that was the first time he upgraded an internal HDD. Did I/we/he do something wrong? Jodie
  • Bj
    Hi Jodie, Did you Re Install Logic and any 3rd Party Plug Ins you have... as well as Drivers...? Have you done a Permissions Repair ? I'm just curious as to how you got Logic and all your other stuff from your old HD to your new HD ? Also, I would suggest 4 gig of RAM is the way to go... Cheers, Bj
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi, Jodie, you're very brave letting your friend do that.... but this message: "Audio file 01 Anoko...mp3 not found!" Search/Manually/Skip/Skip All means that Mainstage/Logic is unable to locate a file on your HD. ALl that means is it's location has moved or it hasn't been copied to the new HD. I think Bj, is going in the right direction here: did you/your friend re-install everything from scratch from the original disks.... or use migration assistant? Did you make a clone of your original drive or back up the important data before you changed the internal HD? Also, (again I completely concur with Bj), yes... 4GB of ram will make more difference than increasing the capacity of your HD IMHO. Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Hi BJ & Rounik, My friend used SUPER DUPER to transfer the data from my old 120GB HDD to my new 320GB HDD. Is that the problem? OK, you guys are saying 4GB RAM. Goin to the store tomorrow:) Thanks as always. Jodie
  • mtec
    Hi, all. i upgraded my HDD 5400rpm to a 7200rpm 320gb in my new macbook pro last week. i used super duper to clone my original hardrive (which had Logic and all my plugs on it) made sure it was a bootable clone. I then installed the new drive, held option key on startup and booted from the external. i then downloaded net restore and that copied the stuff from the clone to the new drive. All working fine just faster and more space now.Possible that the clone ur friend did was not bootable or some data was lost. i would put the old drive back in and follow the instructions i put above. i also upgraded the ram to 4gb which cost £45 pounds.hope this helps u.whole process took about 2 hours in total. mtec
  • Bj
    Hi mtec, Thanks for sharing... Cheers, Bj
  • Jehubyi
    Hi mtec, Thanks for your help. I'm gonna contact my friend today and see what went wrong. Thanks again. Jodie
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: