macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Darren
    Beyond Logic
    Hi, Can anyone recommend a book on Logic Studio (Logic Pro 8) that goes beyond what we have learned here at MacProVideo. I have all the MPV logic videos, and I subscribe to Steve H's TNTs, But I'm still hungry for knowledge. Cheers Darren.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Beyond Logic
    Hi Darren, you want more...? :-) In my honest opinion - and I'm very aware of what's around for Logic... there isn't anything in any format that goes as deep as Steve H does in the various UB, ES2, Sculpture videos. There is a new book I've come across that I haven't read that looks promising and might be what you are looking for: [url]http://www.amazon.com/Going-Pro-Logic-8/dp/1598635611[/url] But in all honesty, it might be better to explore the mixing/production/mastering side if you're up to speed with all the Logic tutorials here... depends what you're looking for :) Cheers Rounik
  • Darren
    Thanks Rounik, I had a look at "Going Pro" at Amazon, and it looks like a good book. I was able to read the table of contents there, and while it seems to repeat a lot of info that is in the manual, there do seem to be a couple of worthwhile techniques, hints and tips in there. So thanks for the heads up. As for the mixing/production/mastering side, do you mean books on general studio technique? All the best Darren
  • Rounik Admin
    [quote:38199] As for the mixing/production/mastering side, do you mean books on general studio technique?[/quote] Yes, that what I was thinking of... But, I'd recommend the Logic 400 mixing series too! What kind of topics are you looking to learn about? Best Rounik
  • Darren
    Hi again Rounik, To be perfectly honest I'm not sure which direction to head. My ultimate goal is to sell a track or two, like most other musicians. I probably need more help with arrangement and mood than anything else. Funk appeals to me, I think it is due for a comeback. On the Logic side of things I guess I'm after the sort of insight displayed in Olav's "Mixing electronica". Real world experience applied to Logic. Meanwhile I'm off to have a look at the Logic 400 series. Thanks as always Darren.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Darren, Yes, Olav's mixing is an amazing tut. One of my favourites! The Mixing RnB 403 is also very very good. If you don't have it already I'd recommend checking it out. :) It's about time funk came back it and had it's re-turn. I'd recommend bringing tracks you like into Logic and analysing them... using markers and such to figure out what new sounds are being introduced and when, and what effect it has on you as a listener. That should help with Arrangement. In fact it can be helpful to do the same with tracks of a different genre/style than you normally listen to. HTH Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: