macProVideo.com
Forums
  • spaghettiarms
    FAT BEATS & BASS
    Hi guys, I'm slowly getting my head around Logic 8. I'm finding the actual song construction side of things pretty straight forward, its making/altering instrument sounds that I need more experience with. mmmmoooving right along... there are so many helpful people in this forum I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask a couple more questions. First off, I'm really struggling with the logic drum kits and with ultrabeat.. I want a really fat bass beat with slow release but can't really put anything together that I like. A lot of the logic kits have really punchy sounds, I want something that you'll feel through your whole body, something really deep.. I'm talking electro/dance music here. Any advice? Secondly, remember that N-trance cover "do you think I'm sexy" ... Any advice on how to make a bass pattern like that? Quite a few songs have that pattern, its a pretty disco kinda of bass. Hopefully somebody can help... :) Thanks heaps, steve.
  • Darren
    Re: FAT BEATS & BASS
    Hi Steve, I have had the same questions myself, I don't have all the answers, and would also like to know that bass pattern. Anyway Ultabeat looks harder than it is, I can't recommend enough the Logic 204 video. (and no I don't work for MPV). Logic allows you to easly tune a sound. This is handy if a sound (kick for example) doesn't sound right. I find tuning for a G fits a lot of tracks. Battery 3 is a nice easy to use drum program with a great sound, but it lacks the matrix that UB has. Also I would recommend reading their Customer support forum before buying anything. Stylus RMX, I didn't like this program at first, but I must say it is growing on me, and it has some awesome kick and snare sounds. Yes you can feel an RMX kick. EQ can make a huge difference to the sound, giving each sound its on frequency band, stops one sound swamping an other. Cheers Darren.
  • Darren
    I forgot to mention compression. My favorite compressor is PSP MixPressor2 from PSP Audioware. PSP MixBass2 is also a nice bit of software for fattening up Drum and Bass. Camel Phat is also good for this. Hope this Helps. Darren.
  • Bj
    Hi Steve, Have you tried Logics' " Sub Bass " Plug In.. It lives in the Channel Strip settings under 'Specalised'... Also on the output channel under Settings.. Mastering.. there's a couple of nice combinations called ' Enhance Deepness' and 'Enhance Low End'... Give them a whirl... and see what happens... Cheers, Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: