macProVideo.com
Forums
  • danishgreg
    Why Randomize ?
    Well, we all share a random life,none of us know our birth time,departure time ,and times for a great deal of what goes down,in between. Due to my convalescing after a blood clot in my brain ,I spend a lot of time re -watching the Mac Pro videos,because it`s too taxing making music. What really comes through for me on these absolutely excellent videos ,are the words -,experiment , play around ,have fun ,randomize-. I think the reason for this is because after the intial learning curve of Logic it`s easy to get stuck in a comfort zone, where one is utilising maybe 20 % of what Logic is capable of .Then it`s easy to start thinking of buying loads of software,new synths ,etc,start learning them ,and yet still staying in the pre sets menu for Logic and all your new toys,...comfort zone. Pre -sets are safe ,they work and are available to anyone, thus they are not original . To learn how to get beyond the pre sets ,creating ones own soundscapes , randomizing ,mirrors for me ,the creative process. Absolutely nobody knows, where an original idea comes from .all one can do is learn how to use ones mind so that you can start to understand where these creative sparks come from. This is what Steve H ,and Bill Burgess ,( in particular ) via their videos give us, the tools too learn how to be creative in Logic, making our own sounds ,exploring our own musical universe, and in so doing,you can save hundreds of dollars,get to know yourself better,and find yourself travelling on a magical musical freeway to . ? I attended a workshop with a top Danish Music producer who was asked , -what does he do when the creative spark is missing - ?, he replied -I go to My Space or You Tube and find inspiration there -. We have a better ,more original way ,see the videos,learn, experiment , randomize whilst having fun . I hope by the time you have reached here it`s been worthwhile .
    Why Randomize ?
    Well, we all share a random life,none of us know our birth time,departure time ,and times for a great deal of what goes down,in between. Due to my convalescing after a blood clot in my brain ,I spend a lot of time re -watching the Mac Pro videos,because it`s too taxing making music. What really comes through for me on these absolutely excellent videos ,are the words -,experiment , play around ,have fun ,randomize-. I think the reason for this is because after the intial learning curve of Logic it`s easy to get stuck in a comfort zone, where one is utilising maybe 20 % of what Logic is capable of .Then it`s easy to start thinking of buying loads of software,new synths ,etc,start learning them ,and yet still staying in the pre sets menu for Logic and all your new toys,...comfort zone. Pre -sets are safe ,they work and are available to anyone, thus they are not original . To learn how to get beyond the pre sets ,creating ones own soundscapes , randomizing ,mirrors for me ,the creative process. Absolutely nobody knows, where an original idea comes from .all one can do is learn how to use ones mind so that you can start to understand where these creative sparks come from. This is what Steve H ,and Bill Burgess ,( in particular ) via their videos give us, the tools too learn how to be creative in Logic, making our own sounds ,exploring our own musical universe, and in so doing,you can save hundreds of dollars,get to know yourself better,and find yourself travelling on a magical musical freeway to . ? I attended a workshop with a top Danish Music producer who was asked , -what does he do when the creative spark is missing - ?, he replied -I go to My Space or You Tube and find inspiration there -. We have a better ,more original way ,see the videos,learn, experiment , randomize whilst having fun . I hope by the time you have reached here it`s been worthwhile .
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Why Randomize ?
    Hi Greg, Wow. Thanks for sharing that! I feel sometimes when creativity deserts us it's time to sit back, take a break and stop trying... maybe time to listen and/or do something completely different. Definitely, popping along to Myspace or listening to new music can do the trick... Other times, I go for "happy mistakes" - not being critical of anything I create - just randomly trying out things. Now I use my randomizer (in TNT2 cameo for March) to find some interesting sounds too. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: