macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jekijie
    phase cancelation in Logic
    Is there a way of phase canceling vocals in Logic i used do this in sound forge before i converted to Logic lol thanks
  • Joe C.
    Re: phase cancelation in Logic
    You can use the Gain plugin to flip the phase of a signal. I assume that's the piece you're missing.
  • steveH
    That with perhaps a filter to isolate only the vocal harmonic range prior to reversing the phase.
  • steveH
    I tried my own advice... couldn't get it to work... still experimenting!
  • Jekijie
    i have a two weeks off think i do some experimenting of my own lol. They most be a way, i will post it up if i figure it out thanks Steve
  • steveH
    Together we will conquer!
  • steveH
    There's a way to do this using the mid/side function... I'll work it out soon.
  • Jekijie
    thanks mate, i have been having a go the last few days and come up with nothing lol.
  • steveH
    I just haven't had a moment!
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, is something like this what you mean Steve? http://www.sendspace.com/file/ty540k I cobbled together a not too particularly efficient M/S bus routing, but one that allows you to track what is going on during the whole signal processing thing... I've rigged it so that all you have to do is drop any stereo file on to the first track, leaving you to adjust the volumes of the separate MID and SIDE signals, the red channels, to see what is contributing what to the stereo signal. If you go to screen set two, you will see what the mixer is doing to split up the stereo signals and what is being inverted... or what isn't! As Steve pointed out you can also filter the center frequency before sending that off for M/S trickery as well to try and target only the vocal frequency range because you'll notice that in some cases, not a great deal is left in the side signal. Incidentally, you might want to check out your pan laws found in the project's audio settings, not the preferences of Logic itself. If all of that looks like too much hard work, maybe someone will make a macro out of it if that would help... or.... you could try this free plug in from Voxengo! They recently ported their M/S plug in to the Mac.... and did I say it was free!? It does M/S to Stereo and back again at the touch of a button with independent gain controls over the MID and SIDE signals. Incidentally there are a few M/S plugins coming in to fashion for mastering too. Ozone got updated to version 4 recently, and that now has M/S processing built in. Feel free to make suggestions to the project too.... as always there are many ways of doing things! Cheers, John
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: