macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Braden
    EXS not sounding
    Hi: My EXS has suddenly stopped working when I load a sample .....as in... the sound loads from the drop down, but no sound when I play my controller....no activity in the channel strips. Ivory software is not sounding as well. EX does play back samples used previously in a Logic song...but not in real time I haven't changed anything lately and I think I've checked everything related to audio. I'm loading them from aliases.....the actual audio samples I have on a separate drive Anyone know what this might be ? Thanks
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: EXS not sounding
    Hi Braden In this project do other instruments work? E.g. ES2, etc? In a new project does this issue still occur? What version of Logic are you running & audio interface? Do you have software monitoring turned on? Cheers Rounik
  • Braden
    Hi Rounik: No, actually I forgot to mention....none of the Logic Insts are sounding either. My controller also isn't sounding when set to its midi channel [ local off] Didn't try a new project yet..... I'm using 7.1 with a Motu 828 Mk 2. Software monitoring is on... thanks B.
  • Rounik Admin
    Also try using capslock keyboard... Let me know results of using a blank new project.
  • Braden
    Hi Rounik The capslock keyboard seems to work fine with all the software insts. in my autoload as well as a new project. But still no response in a new project when I use my controller. Now what ? B
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Braden, Well it seems to be to do with your MIDI Controller... What is the MIDI Controller? Do you have the relevant drivers for it and your current OS? Check all the connections between your controller & the Mac. Restart your Mac and try again. When you press a key on the Controller do you see any corresponding MIDI data in the Transport display? Cheers Rounik
  • Braden
    Hi Rounik: You got it......The midi transmit switch was turned off. Its a Yamaha S 80....very reliable unit. How that happened, I have no idea. its always set to 1. @#$%^& !! And now I know how the capslock kybd works too ! I'd never had any reason to use it before..... Many thanks Rounik. best Braden
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Braden, No problem! Glad it's working - the capslock kybd can be really useful can't it - even if only for troubleshooting MIDI in issues :) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: