macProVideo.com
Forums
  • mtec
    Going live with Logic
    ok guys so i am going out live l8r this year and i want to know is it possible to have Logic open on 2 mac book pros at the same time, both loading the same song and both in sync with each other. me and my friend wish to do the above and then play separate parts (plugs) of a project then using on stage change songs. any help or ideas please. we both want to use logic and not Ableton for this.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Going live with Logic
    Hmm.... Never tried this out. In theory this is very possible. But each mac will need to be running a separate version of logic (different serial no.) etc. How are you hoping to connect the mac's and to sync Logic to Logic? Why are not consider Mainstage? Cheers Rounik.
  • mtec
    Re: Going live with Logic
    prob connect via midi or ethernet,looking at options at the mo.Both macs have their own reg versions of logic installed.Mainstage is fine(bit cpu hungry) and we use alot of 3rd party plugs which is not gr8 in mstage at the mo(IMHO). we want to run backing tracks as well as instruments from Logic. mtec
  • mtec
    Re: Going live with Logic update
    Just an update guys. were onto our 3rd gig and all is going well. we have 1 macbook and 1 macbook pro linked via ethernet using the network connection in AMS. All syncing nice no probs. Logic running on both machines and were playing backing tracks and instruments. all is cool with us at the mo. www.rotaryheadrecords.com/blackwhite
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi mtec Nice music btw :) And sounds like a great solution. Glad the gigs are going well! Would be very interesting if you could post in a little more detail how you setup the two mac's here. I have a feeling it'll help someone in the future. Thanks! Rounik
  • mtec
    Hope this helps. Link below mtec [url]http://files.getdropbox.com/u/883130/Sync%20Macs%20Via%20Ethernet.pdf[/url] www.rotaryheadrecords.com/blackwhite
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi mtec, Thank you for putting it all together in a pdf. Would it be possible to add it in it's entirety to a post? I imagine it would be a great resource for others wishing to go live. I completely respect it if you'd would prefer not to. :) Rounik
  • mtec
    if i get some time (as im teaching and giging etc at the mo). i will do so. mtec
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: