macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    EVOC 20
    Heh Rounik, Bj, mtec, mpv-heads, I see I'm the new overall post leader = Logic Pro 8 DUMB:( At least I have you guys to guide me along:) hahahahaha:) A new question here as I'm learning about vocoders now:) Question: I'm trying to trigger the EVOC 20 to a vocal loop that I made, but, it ain't noticing my vocal loop. Here is what I did: - created a new audio track - made a vocal loop - created a new software instrument track - inserted the EVOC 20 Polysynth on that software instrument track - went back to the audio track and changed the output to NO OUTPUT - went back to the EVOC 20 track and changed "side chain" to the audio track option - also changed the "signal" in the EVOC 20 to VOC - Now, I've seen some youTube tutorials, and the EVOC is supposed now be heard in the vocal track, BUT IT AIN'T BEING HEARD! What have I done this time? Domo (pronounced DOE MOE) = "Thanks" in Japanese. Remember the Styx song, Mr. Roboto! Domo arigato Mr. Roboto domo domo domo domo:) hahahahahaha:) Thanks guys. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: EVOC 20
    Hey Jodie, You've got the TNT2 series right? If so you can find a great explanation by Steve H in chapters 13-17. If you don't have the TNT2 series... man, you're missing out. I did the cameo tutorial for this month ;-DD ... wait a second... you have created some MIDI notes on the Evoc track right? Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, No, I don't have the TNT2 series. I guess I should eh:) No, I haven't created MIDI notes on the Evoc track. I guess I have to??????? This is the tutorial that I followed: http://kellenholgate.com/audiotechblog/?p=133 Thanks Rounik. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, The tutorial you followed was not clear at all that to Vocode in Logic - Logic needs to have MIDI notes as an input!!! That's how the vocode effect you hear often has a pitch element to it. IMHO it's so important to find tutorials that are completely clear about HOW to do something and WHY to do something and WHAT happens as a result. That's why I'd personally stick with macprovideo's tuts and especially Steve H's TNT1 and TNT2 series. I think these may save you time in the long run and help you understand the theory and practical stuff too ;-) Cheers Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, Forgot to mention that the Search function here (above the post leaders list) can help you find in depth tips etc from previous posts: I typed in 'Evoc' and came across an old post where Christian and I explain how to use the EVOC20 :) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=13417&sid=#13423[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Thanks as always. I'm gonna buy the TNT tutorials:) I didn't realize there was a search forum there! Oh my! Thanks again. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, As always, No problem at all :) Hope your Mac gets all fixed up btw and I'm sure you'll enjoy the TNT1 & 2 series or whichever one you decide to go for! Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: