macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Tutorials
    Bounce an sive wave
    When i bounce a file and i chooise split @ File type I get 2 files like L.aif and R;aif. But im doing the sa,me as the tutorial 101 Mastering logic ---> Exploring Sampeling Rates ---> 01 ) Intro to this. Can anyone tell me why i dont get 1 file like the tutorial. its confussing me. Regards Deniz
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Bounce an sive wave
    Hi Deniz, Welcome to the forums :) When you bounce with the setting "split". Logic will always bounce a left and right audio file... That's what it's designed for. I think the first video should show Martin bouncing to a stereo file not split. Don't worry, the rest of the 101 series will make complete sense. Especially as all these settings will be explained in the relevant sections :) Enjoy the tutorial. Thanks Rounik
  • Tutorials
    Hello Rounik, First i thank you for the reply. My next qustion is, why do i not get the same Sine wave as H martin in his tutorial 101 serie..?? I tried to get exact the same sine wave but i get double and he mono or one wave whatever u call it. Since i cant make the same wave i cant follow his instructions coz i get diffirent things then he does..that confuse me with following that guy. Deniz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Deniz, Do you mean you bounce a sine wave as a stereo file and you have two files and L and R version still? Can I just check the version of Logic you are using? 8.0.2? and OS X version... I'll check this out when I'm next back near Logic over the next day or so and get back to you - but IMHO you can still follow the tutorial even if your bounced sine wave looks different. Cheers Rounik
  • Tutorials
    Hello Rounik, Yes I'm using logic 8.0.2 and mac version 10.5.6. I want get the same wave as martin gets in his tutorial i get stereo file i guess i see 1 line in his Sine i have double Lines. Just coz i dont get the same sine i cant follow his instruction. Can you tell me exact in which collection he made that sine wave : EXPLORE-COMPOSE-PRODUCE in which of those collection did he made that Sine wave, and can u tell me if he openened the EXS24 in mono - stereo or multi tuple. I need to get exact same Sine wave otherwise i cant follow his instructions coz he is telling evertyhing from his own type of file..Its really confussing me. So pls help me with this. Deniz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Deniz, It's not important which "New..." template you choose "EXPLORE-COMPOSE-PRODUCE" I would use the Empty project and follow from video 02 Opening Logic The EXS24 instance is Mono. This is what I recommend you do: Bounce as Martin shows you. Make sure you have Normalize ticked. Choose "split" for file type. You will get 2 files a L and a R version. Drag ONE of them into Logic. That will essentially be a mono file. You could use the other type, but I think one of the updates since Logic 8.0.0 changed the way stereo and mono audio waveforms are displayed. I think this may be why you are finding your waveform looks differently to Martin's. Thanks Rounik
  • Tutorials
    Hi rounik, I had a Sine L, and Sine R, But on my logic pro i saw oo on the Sine and on Martins Sine i saw o, just 1 o. I did like u told and yes it worked till lession 27, looking at amplitude..When i tried to change the Gain like Martin is doing i got an ERROR message on my logic pro it said i cant change the Gain.. It seems like Martin is explaing the logic in 1 version before the version I use. This makes me confused to follow his lessions. Is there maybe some one else with the same problem?? Can anyone help me out of this problem i trying to fix this problem for 4 days and im still stuck in this Bounce Sine. Thanks Deniz
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Deniz, Please believe me. The first chapter is more important to get an overview on "Sound".... and basic 'getting around Logic' functions... But, anyway, please tell me the exact error message in video 27... Changing gain works fine here - nothing has changed since version 8.0.0 to 8.0.2 in this regard. The error message you are getting may be related to something else... but I need to know the full message to be able to help :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: