macProVideo.com
Forums
  • dobrojoe
    Takes and comping
    I have just tried to do a few takes on a bass guitar track but the new 'take' sits right on top of the previous one. There are no disclosure triangles as there are in the videos. The audio is there but I can see how to get it into another track. I've tried copying and pasting but then I can't use the quick swipe. What is the trick?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Takes and comping
    Hi dobrojoe, Is this definitely on an audio track or a software instrument track? What version of Logic are you using? What is your version of OS X? Have you got "Replace" mode on? (little orange button in the Transport bar - it should NOT be turned on). There really is no trick when recording takes on audio tracks. Easy to set up a cycle region, record arm the track, press record and every time the playhead reaches the end of the cycle are, a new take is born! Cheers Rounik
  • dobrojoe
    It is a software instrument - upright bass. I'm using Logic Express 8.02 and OSX 10.5.6 I don't have replace mode on. I had not set up a cycle region as I was redoing a complete 5 minute track and I stopped the recording manually. The redone track appeared on top of the first take and all I could do was copy and paste it onto a new track and use the Split by playhead function to join up the parts.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi dobrojoe, OK. Recording takes can work differently on Audio & SI tracks... If you want Logic to record takes of your MIDI performance on a SI track: Choose File > Project Settings > Recording Make sure that "Overlapping recordings" is set to 'Create Take folders'. If for example you want to record some drums in realtime, but recording the kick first, then snare, then hi hats etc then it's a good idea to use a settng like 'Merge (or) Merge only in Cycle record'... Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: