macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Eddie
    Re: Error syncing audio and midi
    I just posted a long reply and it got lost. The version is 8.0.2 and under utilities< audio midi setup< midi devices the port only says tascam us122. Midi in:1 midi out:2 Sorry about this neverending thread. Thanks, Eddie
  • Eddie
    Sorry I forgot to mention I did restart and tried another USB port. No dice Thanks for not giving up on me yet
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem Eddie! Please bear with me. I'm going do a little research (but you're definitely NOT forgotten!) In the meantime close Logic and try deleting the preferences file: HD/User/*yourusername*/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.logic.pro.plist Now restart Logic... :) Rounik
  • Eddie
    Hey Rounik, Just wondering if you came up with anything else. I took my macbook pro to an audio guy that is familiar with logic and midi. He was stumped too. His only guess is the interface. We redownloaded the current driver for it off of tascam's site. I hate to give up on it though cause I just used it on a pc with cubase! Last ditch effort, When I plugged in the interface for the very first time Logic did not recognize it. It therefore asked me if I wanted to choose from their preloaded drivers. I searched and even found tascam drivers. They just didn't have the US122. They started with the 448 model and so on. Question: How do I get back to that list if I just wanted to see what is already loaded on here? And... Is there a chance it just isn't in the right place? If you plug in your interface mid-session does it give you the same message I get? ( Logic is scanning your computer for devices abd has found Tacam US122. Do you wish to continue) I know I can choose Tascam US122 in the device drag down in Global
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Eddie, not sure if you've tried this not but seeing as you mentioned you got it working with Cubase on a PC... that's suggesting the interface is alright. So... have you tried it with GarageBand? Always a good fail safe. If that works then we know it's a Logic thing. Rounik mentioned scrapping the preferences and I'd suggest doing that too as sometimes they get corrupt/ won't over ride certain settings and drivers are one of them! Try that and we'll go from there. Cheers, j
  • Eddie
    Thanks for the reply j, I just did try deleting the preferences folder and using the interface in Garageband. Same problem in garageband. Still open for more ideas though. Thanks all
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Eddie, I hope you didn't delete the whole preferences folder! Just the file: com.apple.logic.pro.plist btw, you need to quit Logic before deleting preferences - and it's not advisable with some interfaces to plug them in and unplug them during a session. Yes, it can be done, but I wouldn't do that with any interface... I really have no experience with the Tascam US122, but I really feel it could be more to do with the interface than Logic. Remind me again, are you on the latest version of OSX? 10.5.6? Have you done a "Software Update" and installed the Pro App updates? The problem with an audio interface is that it's not just hardware. It's software too! The Software part of it is a driver. Most interfaces I've used work well with OSX and have well written drivers, but there are a few that have badly written drivers and therefore don't work well. Again, I have no idea about your interface. To test this out, try taking the interface round to a friend with a Mac and Logic and using your interface on their Mac. Cheers Rounik
  • Eddie
    Hey Rounik, No I just deleted the one you mentioned earlier. I do have the most current OSX. I'm feeling pretty sure that it's the driver for the interface as well. Maybe I should shoot Tascam support a link to this thread and see if they respond. I will update you of any more dicoveries.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Eddie, Good idea. I'd be interested to know what happens. :) Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Eddie, just done a bit of digging and I found this thread, http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=385737 Couple of things that it brought up to try out was to make sure that EVERYTHING to do with the 122 is deleted from your system, trash emptied included... and then download the very latest driver and try that. The other point that was interesting was whether or not you were bus powering it or not. One user in that thread mentioned sticking it on a powered USB hub and hey presto, it came to life!? Another good bench mark for using it with DAWs (Logic/ GarageBand) would be to try using it with your system sounds and iTunes. Almost there :) Cheers, j
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: