macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Rick Cody
    Re: Error syncing audio and midi
    Hello, I happened to be perusing the internet and ran across your post. I've never even been to this forum and joined in hopes of helping you out with the same problem that was bugging the piss out of me. Anywho, (I'm writing this from memory, so the explanation may not be exact, but the solution should work... or at least it did for me.) from what I understand, the error is due to the computer not being able to keep up with what's being asked of it. I know this sounds odd since it's a brand new computer, but that's about how it was explained to me (MacBook 2.4 gHz C2D, 4 GB RAM). Now here's what I had to do to eliminate this error (and I haven't seen it since): Click on the [b]Logic Pro[/b] menu next "File". Go to Preferences>Audio. Under "Device", set your Tascam, then (and apparently this is where the problem lies), change your I/O Buffer Size. I believe you said yours was set at 256. Originally, mine was at 1024 and, paradoxically, when I set it to 512 the problem disappeared, I haven't seen that damn error message since. I don't know if 512 will work for you, but it's probably a good jumping off point. Hope this helps!! Rick Cody
  • Xyzefiy
    off the top of my head this is the message error I get a lot on CPU intensive projects. it usually happens at the beginning of a session and once I play the song all the way through once or twice it kind of sorts itself out. like logic needs it's morning coffee. if this is the same message it get then I think a lot of people have had similar problems no one with a definitive solution. just usually it seems to work itself out during the course of a session. things like freezing tracks etc. anything that helps not to push your mac too hard should help.
  • Eddie
    Hello all, Thanks for all the responses. Yadj, I appreciate that link to the tascam forum. However, that was the exact driver I downloaded ( 3.40) for mac computers with intel processors. Also I had no tascam driver previously installed. I did check the interface with garage band with no luck but did not try iTunes, so I will try that. Rick, thanks for that tip. I will certainly try that buffer setting. I played with it a little but not sure if I used 512. Weird that you had to decrease your buffer to fix it. Maybe that's the magic number. Appreciate you joining. Cynic, thanks for the post. I wish I was that optimistic, but this has been a long ongoing issue. It has never worked once. Thanks all. I'm about to shop for a new interface if I can't get this going soon
  • Eddie
    Hello all again, Sorry about the delay, but I've been out of town on a trip. To bring you up to speed, I tried the last bit of suggestions. I did try the 512 buffer setting, Rick, in hopes I had the same fluke problem. No such luck. At least it worked for you though. I tried just using my interface as the sound driver for listening to itunes and same problem. I did not try contacting tascam, but have read some bad reviews of their customer service and don't know if I have the patience to start this all over again. Maybe I will. I think I might just have to get a new interface. I'm leaning towards the apogee duet. I don't really want to have to spend money on that right now, but if I do, I heard very good comments about them. Any feedback on personal experiences with that inteerface anyone? Question for Rounik: Is this the correct forum for any question regarding Logic? Example: Guitar rig, ES2, etc. Also, am I allowed to ask opnions of certain third party programs to use with Logic? Thanks all, Eddie
  • Bj
    Hi Eddie, Re the Duet... a very nice 2 channel, Firewire Interface for Logic... Another, slightly less expensive, USB 2 Channel Interface, is the Edirol UA 25 EX... Bought one last week and am very happy with it... Cheers, Bj
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Eddie, plus one for the Duet. I would say it would depend on how you use it as, for example, there are no inserts or anything like that... but it is a nice piece of kit. Before mine I had a MOTU 828 and you would not believe the difference in sound when all I did was replace the converters really.... same speakers same everything else, and it was like I was listening to a new system! Another good interface is the RME Fireface 400. More routing capability than the Duet.... but, the interface isn't as clean and user friendly as Maestro (the apogee software). Not speaking on Rounik's behalf or anything, but as far as I'm aware it's all good to post about Logic stuff in this forum. Just start a new thread per topic. I'll let Rounik answer the 3rd party question though but as far as I understand it, as long as it's constructive informative and integrates with Logic... it's all good :) If it is something specific to do with using the software... you might, however, be more successful jumping on to the plug in in questions website for more useful info.
  • Rounik Admin
    another +1 for Duet. For more cash (and if more inputs and outputs are needed), then the MOTU and RME would be my choice too. Yes, I agree with Yadj (who is a Mod here too :) Of course you can post questions relating to 3rd party plug-ins and how they integrate with Logic here :) If there is anything you want to post about which is not related to Logic or any of the other sub forums here, you can use the "Gear" or "General" sub forums. Thanks for asking btw. These forums are pretty friendly and chilled out, so as YADJ says "it's all good"! Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: