macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jebekiu
    controller
    hi Peak controller in FLstudio is a great plugin. I wonder if it is possible to build such controller in Logic? regards, Paul
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: controller
    Hi Paul, What is Peak Controller? What does it do? Do you have any links to it? btw, please don't double post. We can see you no matter which of the Logic forums you post in ;-) Thanks Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi again Paul, OK. It seems like Peak Controller is essentially a noise gate... Logic has a Noise gate plug-in in the "Dynamics section" insert it on the channel you wish to "gate" Set it's side chain to the audio or bus where you are getting your source from (e.g. drums on Audio 1). You can set the output of that drum track to No output if you don't want to hear it and now play with the parameters of the Noise Gate. You could assign MIDI Controllers to the parameters of the Noise Gate or even randomize those controls using a Randomizer in the Environment (Steve & I show ways to create this in March 2009's TNT2). :-) Rounik
  • Jebekiu
    hi, the peak controller do much more. you can set a peak contoller on a kick track, so the controller follows the (peaks) of the kick, it 's a bit like a sidechain.BUT, and this is the power of that controller, now,you can assign ANY slider ,knob ,button of ANY effect or instrument to the peak controller and those sliders ,knobs and buttons are following the peak controller(you can also set the value or size of the sliders............) so my question is,can you build a controller that connect the knobs of any effect to the noisgate.maybe when using the transformer......... regards, Paul
  • steveH
    Thought I'd jump in here.... Yes and no. The device you are speaking about has a "real" name. It's called and "Envelope Follower". An EF turns audio volume data into midi control data. There is no plugin yet in Logic to turn audio data into midi. However, a couple of Logic's soft synths have that option built in! The ES2 has a Side Chain as a source in its router and you can target that to control almost any knob/fader on its interface. The EXS24 works like the ES2 Sculpture also has a side chain input which can be used as an Exciter for Object 2. Of course the Evoc has a sidechain input normaled to track its multitude of filters. So, YES, you can turn volume (envelope) data into midi data in Logic but it is limited to specific SIs. I hope this helps!
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: