macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Scottylad
    TNT September #18 Shifting Audio Problem
    Steve: Hello, and thank you for your outstanding tutorials. I've tried to duplicate what you've done with locking SMPTE codes and shifting audio, but it does not work for me in Logic Pro 7.2.3. I select the region, lock SMPTE position...and then, dang! I cannot select the bottom left corner of the audio region as you do to drag it. I can only select the TOP left corner. Meaning that the mouse pointer only turns to a slider when placed near the TOP left edge of the region. When pointing to the bottom corner the pointer remains a pointer. Is there a functional difference between selecting the top and the bottom? To get around this, since I need to strip the initial silence that was the result of latency when recording my external audio, I did a strip silence instead. However, when I attempted to snap the region to the beginning of the bar (with SMPTE unlocked), it would not snap the right position. I even tried holding down CTRL for finer movement, but I still overshot it in one direction or another. Oddly, snapping to bar still offsets it. Is there another way to snap an audio region to the beginning of the bar? What's also strange is that when I CTRL-drag the region so that it LOOKS like it lines up correctly, the popup indicator reads that it is off (ex. 223 1 1 192 instead of 223 1 1 1). Oh, I do believe I am going bugward, Steven, please help.
  • steveH
    Re: TNT September #18 Shifting Audio Problem
    I haven't used 7.2.3 in over a year... I don't even have the ability to boot it up! LP8 can deal the "line up" issue by choosing "Snap to Absolute Value" in the Snap menu. In LP7, you can do do a couple of things: 1. Select the region in the list editor or the Event Float and type in the exact location. 2. Zoom in closer and drag while holding down Control or Control and Shift (which gives you the finest resolution). You other issue regarding
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: