macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Bongolicious
    Undoing Quantitizing audio from sample editor??
    used quanitize engine on audio file. but did not adjust time the way i liked it and now that particular audio track has pops and clicks????? HElp Please any all knowing!! Thanks
  • steveH
    Re: Undoing Quantitizing audio from sample editor??
    Did you try a simple undo in the sample editor window? (Not the the arrange) Did you perform the quantization on the original file and not a copy? If so, and it won't undo... well I'm sorry to say you've probably messed up your file. Always perform experimental audio edits and manipulations on copies!
  • Bongolicious
    thanks, It was a copy of the same audio on a seperate track, but not a copy of the audio bin file??? Did not see in undo file of arrange or sample editor window??? where would that be?? I took the same file off of an another harddrive and renamed it and dragged it in the audio bin of the problematic file and rearranged that, so i guess my problem is remedied, but 4 the future do you make a copy of the audio in bin folder first??? Best steps thanks also took the new file and copied to track and merged all the copies to make one merged file but where the loop always repeats there is a click or pop sound when track is soloed and Can I rid of this???
  • steveH
    You can turn an audio region into a new file right in the the arrange. There's a command in the audio menu. The pop is caused by improper editing. These edits must ALWAYS be made on zero crossings. You can get Logic to search (find) zero crossings automatically by checkin the "Serach Zero Crossings" option in the same audio menu.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: