macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Slim
    How to Copy Midi tracks from one Project to another......
    How/What's the best way to copy tracks from one project to another?To explain a little, i sent a project for someone to lay down some synths,piano an other stuff (All Midi)so while that was being done i recorded vocals. Now he's finished an sent back the project with the stuff he added so i want to get those tracks into my project with the vocals,how can this be achieved?I tried copy an paste an a box came up with 3 options to choose from but only one worked but the tracks was not keeping their instruments only the midi notes stayed intact if that makes any sense.Help will be appreciated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How to Copy Midi tracks from one Project to another......
    Hi Slim copy and pasting will work, however, you'll need to have both projects open at the same time. There are a few ways to do this... I'd recommend the following: For MIDI regions per track that you want to export: - Merge them (per track). - File > Export > Selection as MIDI file - Save each SI's Channel strip settings in the project - Open your project. - Create same number of SI tracks your friend made. - Drag the MIDI files to the approriate track - Load the Channel strip settings on those tracks. Another way, that might be easier would be to merge your recorded vocals with the friends version... Open your friends version and import the audio file(s) of vocals from your version and add it to an Audio track in the Arrange. Cheers Rounik
  • Slim
    Re: How to Copy Midi tracks from one Project to another......
    Thanks for your help,I'll try what u suggested but unfortunately i'll have to wait until Tuesday.Thanks once again.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: