macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic Ninja
    Logic and Pro Tools
    Hey there, I'm trying to get my song mastered in a studio, but the studio that I'm going to, uses Pro Tools. Is it possible for me to transfer my Logic Project folder into Pro Tools including all the midi sounds?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic and Pro Tools
    Hi Abhi, If you have already mixed it & are sending your project to be mastered, you should bounce the project to a single stereo audio file. Best to have no / few effects on the Output channel... and leave about 3dB of headroom (below 0dB). If you are getting your project Mixed in the PT Studio... bounce each track in Logic to a separate .wav file. Bounce each track starting from the beginning of the project! Might be good to bounce without automation so the Mixing engineer can add their own automation and ask the studio if they would prefer the files dry (no effects) or wet (with effects). If they ask for dry, then you can also bounce a reference mix (with all effects and automation - the way you'd like it to sound). Mixing is often done using audio files, as PT won't have access to Logic's built-in instruments or effects. Mastering is done to a single audio file after it has been mixed. Cheers Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Another thing the mixing, and mastering for that matter, may request/ prefer (you can never have enough options) is a stem mix. Stems are sub groups of instruments. For example, say you have created/ recorded a kick track, snare track, hit hats etc etc.... these can all be bussed to an Aux track which in turn would make a Drums channel. Same for vocals and backing vocals, guitars, bass, and effects. When everything is stemmed, the mix engineer doesn't have to work on a micro level and yet he/ she still has control of the blend and overall mix process. Depending on how good a job the mix is will depend on how much work the mastering engineer has to do for final polishing. Some mastering guys prefer access to the stems the mix engineer ends up with. 9 times out of 10 though, if the mix is good, the mastering is really only tweaking aesthetics of the mix to work with other tracks in an album.... and that task is perfectly fine to do on stereo tracks. Cheers, j
  • Logic Ninja
    Thanks for the tips guys, that helped me a lot. Abhi
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: