macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Logic
    Newbie: How do I record a midi track onto an audio track.
    How do I record a midi track onto an audio track. I'm new to Logic and I'd like to use the best of Logic and Digital Performer. I think the only way to get Logic's synths into DP is to turn it into an audio track. Can't find that in the manual. Thanks.
  • Cajypiu
    Re: Newbie: How do I record a midi track onto an audio track.
    Hi Logic, the easiest way of doing what you want to do is to solo the track you want to transfer in to DP, and hit the bounce button! The bounce button is at the bottom of the output 1-2 channel in your arrange and mixer pages. Or, you can choose bounce from the file menu I think it is. Make sure you choose WAV or AIF as your file format to keep the quality the best it can, and match your DP sample rate and bit rate settings as well. Probably 24 bit 44.1kHz will do the trick. Let us know how you get on. Cheers, j
  • Logic
    Thanks. That's easy enough. Now I'll get on to learning Logic. Looks like it's got some synths that are better than DPs.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Logic & welcome to the forums :) I always use the Bounce method, but there is another way to export the MIDI regions to an audio file: Control-click (right click) on the MIDI region and select "Export as audio file..." This will export the MIDI region's length and all instruments and effects on the track as an audio file. Be careful if you have delay or reverb on the track, as if the sound continues past the regions end boundary it will be cut off when exporting. btw, have you might be interested in the following tuts for learning Logic 8: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/Logic8101[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/GBLogic[/url] (Free, and almost an hour!) Cheers Rounik
  • Logic
    Great. Thanks. I'll be trying it out later today.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: