macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Joining Audio Regions(?)
    Heh Rounik & all the mpv-heads, How ya doin? I haven't been on in a while. Ya miss my "logic-dumbness" questions? heehee:) Got another for ya, but this one is sort of interesting: I exported 2 different audio files from Logic and imported them into my set in Ableton Live 7, but for some reason, those 2 tracks/audio regions DON'T LINE UP/SYNCH UP together like they do in my Logic project. My question is: "IS THERE ANY WAY TO JOIN 2 DIFFERENT AUDIO REGIONS IN LOGIC AND COMBINE THEM INTO 1 REGION/TRACK THAT CAN BE EXPORTED FROM LOGIC AS AN AUDIO FILE?" Thanks a lot. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Joining Audio Regions(?)
    Hey Jodie, :) So where you been hiding? Is your macbook feeling better these days? Did you get it sorted out? Sure. Use the Bounce command. - Place both audio regions on their own tracks, one above the other. - Set the locators (cycle) to start from Bar 1 until the end of the two audio regions. - File > Bounce... You now have one audio file which is a combination of as many regions (in this case 2) that were in your Logic Project. :) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, How ya doin? Yeah, I've just been playing with Ableton so much lately, that I've neglected my duties to the master Logic Pro 8! heehee:) I can't believe it took me so long to discover Ableton! What an amazing software program:) I just ordered the Core Abelton Live 7 tutorial at 1/2 price:) Yippy:) Thanks for the tip. Yeah yeah yeah, just BOUNCE those 2 tracks together, eh! I didn't think of that. Thanks man. Talk soon. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Nice one Jodie, Glad you're enjoying Live 7 & the tutorials :) Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, I haven't gotten the tutorials yet, but I've been watching the free ones that macPro offers. Wild stuff! About my MacBook: I upgraded the internal HDD to 320GB 7200RPM, and it seems better now, but I think I still am gonna have to upgrade the memory to 4GB, and eventually, buy a MacBook Pro. Thanks dude. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Jodie, Good to know your Mac is feeling better :) Cheers Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, What's up? Yeah, my MacBook is running better, BUT BUT BUT, yesterday for some strange reason, Ableton kept quitting on me every 20 minutes or so, and it seemed to happen when I unplugged my headphones from my Mac and plugged them into my audio interface (I go b/w the Mac and the interface for when I'm learning tutorials on the internet). Strange!? You know my friend that has been helping me out with my system, well, he just sent this to me. Have a read yourself if you want: http://www.chriswrites.com/ Talk soon. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    hmmm... strange. What interface are you using again? Why not use the interface as your default sound output in System Preferences > Sound. That way you might avoid the crashing... Thanks for the link. Will have a gander when I get a moment. :) Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Should I also have the input in System Preferences on my audio interface? Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jodie, Yup, you can do :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: