macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Scottylad
    Logic soft synth not responding on MIDI channel other than 1
    Steve: Forgive me if you've answered this somewhere in the forums. I've struggled with this for a week and have scoured the forums to no avail. In my Logic configuration (default environment), each instrument channel only receives input on MIDI channel 1. To add insult to injury, when the MIDI channel of an instrument track hosting a soft synth (in this case Omnisphere or Alchemy) is set to 1, it actually accepts input on ALL channels. If I set it to MIDI 2 it receives no input at all. I have two MIDI keyboards, set to channel 1 and 2. In the environment I have created two monitor objects to confirm that they are outputting the correct channels. When I play a software instrument set to MIDI 1 I can play it with both keyboards! When I set it to MIDI 2 it does not work at all. I'm aware of the demix option in song settings, but this only works while recording multiple tracks. I simply want to play an instrument on MIDI 2 in realtime. I'm no stranger to the environment, and have tried transforms, splitters, etc. to no avail. This seems really elementary, but Logic is doing something I cannot fathom at this point. If anyone can tell me how to make Logic work in this way I'd be ever so grateful! Thanks...
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: