macProVideo.com
Forums
  • edgy
    ultrabeat & padkontrol
    is there a way to set the setting in ultrabeat to make the step sequencer velocity gate row show pattern parameter steps in the window when playing it from an external device like padkontrol or triggerfinger?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: ultrabeat & padkontrol
    Hi edgy, Not sure I completely understand your question... Do you want the Step Sequencer in UB to show Patterns instead??? Do you know about Pattern Mode, and how you can use a MIDI Controller to trigger or toggle the different patterns within your UB kit? Cheers Rounik
  • edgy
    no, could you please explain to me in detail or direct or suggest the video (ub video?)
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi edgy, I'm pretty sure it's covered in Logic 204: Ultrabeat Unleashed: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/ultrabeat[/url] Basically: - Each Pattern (in the pattern drop down menu) has an associated MIDI note. NOTE: These start at c -1 for pattern one. - Turn on Pattern Mode button (bottom, middle of UB) - Press MIDI note on MIDI Controller e.g. C -1 to trigger pattern 1, etc. - There are different ways to trigger patterns: Next to the Pattern Mode button is a drop down menu for the different modes. Enjoy :) Rounik
  • edgy
    thanks, however the logic 204 only mentions midi nothing is really covered in detail like the other components, thanks for your input
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi edgy, I just checked in NED and the chapter that covers this topic is Video 25: Using Pattern Mode. You use MIDI notes to trigger the different patterns. Isn't that what you want to achieve? Thanks Rounik
  • edgy
    nah, that's not it. what i would like to do is: load all my instruments into ub, start the sequencer and play different patterns or rhythms from my padkontrol and be able to see the triggered patterns in the step sequencer populate as i hit the pad, can i set midi control assignment to trigger velocity/gate to where i can see ea. trigger show ea. time i hit a pad. like in piano roll? (see and hear the triggered notes)
  • Rounik Admin
    I think I get what you're saying... UB's sequencer (in full view or Voice view) is limited and can not accept input from MIDI Controller. It's a pity as this means it's not possible to create a pattern in UB's sequencer using an external MIDI Controller. Have you thought about using Piano Roll and Hyper Editor (creating Hyper sets, etc) to do this? Cheers Rounik
  • edgy
    yes, i'll need to check out all video's regarding this so i can be more efficient, any suggestions.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi edgy, For info on Hypersets check out TNT1 videos 20 & 21 ... [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logicTipsAndTricks[/url] The TNT's, series 1 and 2 are, IMHO, great resources of Logic tips and techniques you might never even consider :) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: