macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Alex Commins
    Automation With DSP's - Grouping and Copying
    I often fatten tracks (copy to a new track to fatten the sound). I group those tracks and set the group settings for editing regions and sharing automation. For certain parameters like volume or pan, when I automate volume or pan on one track, the same automation changes are made to the other tracks in the same group (which is what I want to happen). However, I noticed that if I have EQ inserted on the tracks, and then automate changes to the EQ settings, the changes only affect the track I am working on and not the other tracks which are part of the same group. Am I correct in this-- that certain automation parameters (like volume and pan) will be shared for tracks in the same group, but some other parameters (like DSP's, I gather) are not shared (that is, changes to these automation parameters in one track are not reflected in the other shared tracks). Now, if I am correct, how can I copy the automation parameters for a specific parameter (EQ, for instance) from one track to another so that I don't have to manually mimic the automation changes. Copy automation from one track to another does not appear to be a choice under Options/ Track Automation. Thanks - alex
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Automation With DSP's - Grouping and Copying
    Hi Alex, There are a few ways to copy automation from one track to another. Here is one method: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=9173&sid=#9173[/url] Steve H shows an even better method on how to copy and manipulate automation data in his TNT2 series (videos 29-31) [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic8303tnt2[/url] This basically involves opening the Automation Event List and then opening a new Arrange page where you'll see the Automation data displayed as regions, which can then be copied, moved, resized, time stretched etc etc. Thanks Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: