macProVideo.com
Forums
  • definfected
    reverse position
    How exactly do I reverse a midi region from start to end? thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: reverse position
    Hi definfected, If you want to reverse the position of the notes within the region you can use the Transform window (can find it in the Piano Roll or under the main Window menu). I think there is a preset there for "reverse position"... If, however, you want the sound triggered by the note in a MIDI region to be reversed (e.g. a crash cymbal that plays backwards) then you'll need to bounce the MIDI region to audio and reverse the audio using the function within the Sample Editor. Cheers ROunik
  • definfected
    Once I've selected reverse position I'm not sure on what to do next. I have inside parameters I believe I need to mess with I'm just not sure. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    When you use the Transform window to reverse, you need to select what to reverse (e.g. Notes) and which notes (within which area - i.e. position). In the following pic, I want to reverse the position of the notes between Bar 1 and Bar 3: [img]http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/2114/picture3b.png[/img] Once you have set the position choose "Select and Operate" to Select all the notes between Bar 1 and 3 and apply the reverse Operation: [img]http://img2.imageshack.us/img2/4678/picture4ors.png[/img] Hope that helps Rounik
  • definfected
    i got it now. thanks, you helped out a lot.
  • Rounik Admin
    Great! Glad it's helped. The Transform window is a very powerful tool. I love using the Humanising preset on drums (and creating my own presets too :) Rounik
  • definfected
    well i actually didn't get it..i did everything you said and the note will not reverse. not sure what else i should do. thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi definfected, Are you trying to reverse the position of one MIDI note??? In my first post above I explained that if your intention is to reverse the sound (e.g. make the cymbal crash sound backwards or make someone's speak backwards - in reverse) then you cannot do this with the Transform window and with MIDI notes. You need to export or bounce the MIDI region to audio and then open it in the sample editor and then choose the reverse function. Is this what you are trying to do? Please give me as much info as you can :) Rounik
  • definfected
    I have a midi region where i would like to reverse all the notes in that region. It did not work like said. It only highlighted the notes after I hit select and operate.
  • Rounik Admin
    - Have you tried hitting "Operate"? - Are the Inside Positions set correctly so the notes within the region are within them? - Are the note On's (start of the notes) within the 'Inside Positions'? - Try it with a different regions notes just to make sure... Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: