macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Jehubyi
    Audio Interface HUMMING
    Hi Rounik, mpv-heads, How are things? Is there a quick easy way to get rid of Audio Interface Humming that is noticeable in an audio track that I just recorded? Is there a good plug-in for getting rid of hums? Noise Gate? Thanks. Jodie
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Audio Interface HUMMING
    Hi Jodie, The best way to avoid hum is to fix the hum at source (mic's, interface, cables, grounding issues, etc)... I'd experiment with the Noise Gate's threshold and Attack parameters to get ird of or lower the hum... If you can find out where the hum lies in the frequency spectrum, Channel EQ can be used to reduce the level of the hum... Also, Sound Track Pro has a great Noise removal feature. - Take the audio file into STP. - Select an empty part of the audio file with background noise/hum. - Process > Noise Reduction > Set Noise Print - Select the entire audio file and choose Process > Noise Reduction > Reduce Noise... I find using more conservative settings & doing this in 2 passes will work better than trying to reduce everything in one fell swoop. Make sure you preview the reduce noise before applying and back up the audio files before you start doing this just in case ;) Thanks Rounik
  • Jehubyi
    Heh Rounik, Thanks for the advice:) I'm gonna get on that right now:) I think the source of the humming is from the Line Input of my audio interface! I think it's time to invest in a better one! Thanks. Jodie
  • Zihymua
    Hi Jod, most of the time it is not the sound module the trouble but the ground of your system, first unplugged all you external units except your audio module if it is still humming you need a passive ground lift module, me i have one by Apex. After you plug the ground lift, check if the humming OK if it stilled there that will mean you have to start from your wall outlet, you will need , a power cleaner treatment bar, like Monster a third stage work good, and it is a plus for all the protection of your external unit including first your computer IF after you installed the passive an there no more humming, reconnect every thing back one by one and check every time your audio to see if you have more than one unit problem Hope it help
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: