macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    Tapping A Tempo
    Forgive me for any Duh!ness. Tap Tempo. The manual is a head-scratch for me on this. I really need some MPV clarity. How do I set up a project so I can set the timing by tapping in the tempo ? I'd like to make a template. If I have missed it elsewhere, I am sorry.I usually just set it in the transport but for this song I really have to strum,sing..feel the tempo in the head just after...tap it in...Like a drummer would count-in. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Tapping A Tempo
    Hi pala, You haven't missed this anywhere! Believe me, the Logic manual is hazy at best about this feature and before your post I believed the Tap Tempo feature in Logic 8 was broken... well, I've since found that it isn't completely broken... but it is far from intuitive! Here is one method to trying it out: - Set up a software Instrument track. - Open the Key Commands window and search for tap tempo - assign it to a key, e.g. F7 - File > Preferences > Syncronization... - Change the Sync mode to 'Manual' and make sure 'Auto Enable external Sync' is ticked! - Options > Tempo > Tempo Interpreter - Set the options as desired and increase the Max tempo change to 25bpm. - Press play and use the F7 key to tap tempo! Hopefully, the next version of Logic will allow for an easier workflow to do this... Would love to see a button in the Transport or in the Tempo Interpreter Window that can be a 'Tap Tempo Button'. btw, if you use Dashboard and widgets, check out this bpm widget that will probably be easier to use: [url]http://rzepa.net/david/bpmWidget/index.html[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • logicluvva
    This really is the perfect answer to my query.It's going to help a lot of others too. It has even made me think of assigning controllers too. Sometimes, what I view as a basic requirement can be quite awkward to see in Logic for me but, once it's explained..it's back to loving Logic. Thank you
  • Rounik Admin
    No problem pala! I never really use the Tap Tempo feature... I find it easier to use the Tap Tempo widget and then type it in manually in Logic... but that's a good idea to assign a controller to this function :) Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: