macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Andre van Haren
    Looking for Orchestral music tutorials
    I am a starting Logic 8 user and compose mainly classical orchestral music. Are there video tutorials that teach especially orchestral editing? I really would like to learn how to make a good recording of my music, professional spaced etc. André
  • roberto
    Re: Looking for Orchestral music tutorials
    Hi Andreas Do you already know the tutorial "Logic 303 TNT" (July)? If you don't, have a look on it, it's done for logic 7 but it clears many thing anyway. good work to you Roberto
  • Andre van Haren
    No. I didn't do anything yet with Logic, I always worked with Garageband. I did make nice recordings with it, but when it comes to orchestral, I hope to get better results still. That's why I try to learn Logic now.I will have a look at it. Thanks. Wouldn't it be better to start with Logic 101: Core Logic 8? Or doesn't it talk about orchestral editing? Andre
  • roberto
    Andre, if you just come from Garageband I guess you should take your time to go into Logic from the ground. It's a complex and very rich software wich can't be improvised, especially if you want to write for orchestra. The tutorials I've studied untill now and that I've found generally very usefull are: 1. Logic Pro 8 101 (M.Sitter,) to know the software in general. 2. Logic 201: Master class (S. Horelick) 3. Logic 303 TNT & TNT2. and, of course, the manual. You will find a lot of precious informations, but none is speciallized on writing in the score, because Logic is not a software especially dedicated to this (as Finale), but you can anyway do it at a professional level. It will take some time, but it's worthy. good work to you Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    I agree with Roberto. Start with the Logic 101. Even though Orchestral music is not covered. Making music in Logic and Logic itself is covered ;) Best Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: