macProVideo.com
Forums
  • JROD
    Sending Logic Project to another Logic User
    Hi Christian, I'm sorry about the trajic fire. I have been the victim of an arsonist and know what it is to lose my things. The good news is you're OK and you will learn that even though you've lost many possessions you will acquire new ones and possessions are nothing compared to your life. Here's my problem... I want to send my whole project to a friend who is going to add some tracks. I was going to send it using an internet file sharing service called dropbox. When I tried to upload the original file (the .logic file) it was greyed out and I was unable to choose it. It was not over the size limit of the file sharing service. My friend suggested the steps using his Logic Studio know-how but they did not seem to be the same as the pull down menus in my Logic Express program. How do I send him my entire project across the internet? Thanks for any assistance, Jared
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Sending Logic Project to another Logic User
    Hi Jared, I'm sure Christian will appreciate your kind comments. Thank you. When transferring projects to another Logic system I would recommend the following: 1. When you save the project choose "Include Assets" in the Save as... dialog window. Here you can choose to copy or move the original audio files, samples etc used in the project, so that the other Logic user will have access to the same settings and files. 2. Close the project and in the Finder navigate to the Project folder. Logic by default saves all associated audio files and backups (and samples if you want) in the project folder. 3. Select the Project folder and choose: File > Compress "name of folder" A new compressed (.zip) file will be created of the contents of that folder. 4. Send that compressed file via 'dropbox' or sendspace or a method you are familiar with. Thanks Rounik
  • JROD
    Thanks, I've started compressing the folder (its huge - 2.94 Gigs) My computer is suggesting that it will take an additional 7,000 hours to compress the folder. Is there a way to clear out the outtakes from my audio bin so that I just send the five tracks that this composition ended up being? Jared
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Jared, If your friend has the same samples (EXS24) as yourself, then there is no need to "copy the exs instruments' or Ultrabeat samples to the project folder. It sound like you may also have a lot of audio files that you are not using in the Arrange. If you wish to delete those audio files - open the Bin - Edit > Select Unused - Audio File > Delete File(s) ----- Remember this will delete the selected audio files in the project folder. So do keep a backup just in case you need those files again :) Rounik
  • JROD
    Thanks! I've deleted all the excess baggage and have a nice tidy file to send him. Jared
  • JROD
    Still having trouble but I think the problem is www.getdropbox.com and now I've made an effort to send the project via Pando. What intrigues me is the size of the project folder. It had grown to over 6.2 GB's. I play the guitar and harmonica so I was shocked to see how huge the file had grown. The actual composition comes in at 1.6 MGs and the who project comes in at 6.2 GB's. I can't believe how big the file is. I've deleted all the unused tracks and all the project file backups (except one). I'm going to start looking at some of my other projects and see if they are so large. JRod
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, something else you might want to empty/ refine to optimize project size, is your projects cache. Not near my music computer but I think it's under the file menu. Cheers, j
  • Cajypiu
    Hi there, at my computer now and I think the project cache side of things has changed somewhat from version 7, unless my memory is failing with the rest of my joints! The cache to be aware of these days is related to video tracks and the thumbnail images it produces.... see the video preferences options under the main preferences for Logic. The other thing that can increase project sizes... more on the logic project itself rather than the audio files associated with it is the size of the undo history. That can be found in the Global> Editing preferences. As Rounik mentioned, deleted unused audio files from the bin and not copying sampler instruments/ Impulse responses unless specifically needed will save the most space. Cheers, j
  • JROD
    After all was said and done I decided to re-record the original composition and ditch the old one. There were lots of issues and rather than get to the bottom of each I decided that it was easier to just rerecord my tracks and see what I end up with... Through the forum and my tutorial I learned a good deal so all is not lost. Thanks to all for the assistance. JRod
  • JROD
    Still not able to get that file sent to another logic user
    Frustration levels are increasing. I managed to send all the files via dropbox but the recipient is reporting that he has everything but the .logic file. He asked me to send it as a .iso format and I don't see any files with a .iso suffix. To summarize, I can't send a logic project to my colleague via www.getdropbox.com. I've managed to upload the project folder to their server but he is unable to work with the document because the actual logic file is not opening. He has the audio files but not the .logic file. He says he sends files all the time so I don't understand my problem. JRod
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: