macProVideo.com
Forums
  • roberto
    TNT 09 (arpeggiator)
    Hallo everybody I'm into Environment with big joy, but today (ggrrrrrr!!) ... here my question: If I simply put an arpeggiator and connect it to his Software Instrument in Level Mixer (or as in TNT Arpeggiator part 1) everything works well. The arpeggiator keeps on playng untill I press the cord. But, (as in TNT arpeggiator part 2) if I do it in Click & Ports Level: Phisical Input > Arpeggiator > Sequencer, the arpeggiator doesn't keep on playng untill I press my cord. A few notes and then stops and I have to press again. Is this normal? And if yes why? BTW, I work with logic 8. Thank you very much for the help Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: TNT 09 (arpeggiator)
    Hi Roberto, I always use method two with an arpeggiator so I can record the notes played and do offline bounces easily... Anyway, why would you want the arpeggiator to continue playing when you are not pressing a key(s) on your MIDI Controller? Thanks Rounik
  • roberto
    Hi Rounik, I guess I didn't express myself correctly. The point is that it stops arpeggiating EVEN if keys are pressed. Just a few notes and it stops, but my hands are still on the keyboard. What is it? thanks a lot Roberto
  • roberto
    Hi Rounik, I've discovered what was the problem and I tell it here so maybe nobody else will waste a day for this. So..., when we create in Environment the patch for having an Arpeggiator that can be also recorded, the "sequence" of objects I'm using (in a sigle level) it's: Physical Input > Arpeggiator > Software Instrument (the channel strip I mean) > Sequencer. BUT, and this was my error!, the Track in Arrange has to be connected to the Software Instrument and NOT to Arpeggiator. I don't understand why but so it works. ciao a tutti Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Ciao Roberto, Come stai? Alora... In my Clicks & Ports layer I would have: Physical Input > Arpeggiator > Sequencer There is no need for the Channel strip to be inserted in this chain, because you are connecting the arp to the Sequencer which will affect all SI tracks. This way you won't need to create an Arp track in the Arrange, but use just the SI tracks :) and turn the Arp on and off. Check out Steve H's brilliant Arpeggiation videos in TNT1! There are some useful & fun ways to setup your Environment & to be able to turn the Arpeggiator on and off, and even remote control the Arpeggiator (but that's something in TNT2 ;) Here's an example of my clicks and ports page when I wanna use the Arpeggiator in my projects - it gives me full control of the Arpeggiator in my project: [img]http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/2853/picture2hod.png[/img] Hope that helps :) Rounik
  • roberto
    ciao Rounik siamo quasi amici oramai! Well your patch looks very good. I confess to you that I don't recognize the green, gray (1/8) and blu (1/16) objects. I'm into Environment since only one week and I'm studyng like an obsessed but it will take at least another week to become a great master of it (!!!). I will work on your patch and I'll tell you more as soon as I've understood (anyway I've already got the sense). I also watched your cameo in TNT 2. Very good, just a little to far for me but in a moment I'll be there (I try to encourage myself after this 14 hours studyng day!). How to thank you? maybe sayng ... grazie di cuore! Be happy Roberto
  • roberto
    Still here Rounik, too much interesting this stuff! So: Yes, no need for Ch. Strip. Done, it works. And also the Cable Switcher. Good. Looking at your patch I've some questions. The four objects wich control Direction, Resolution, Lenght and Octaves seems to be faders. Can you please help me to understand: 1. Wich Style of fader? 2. Wich Output (I guess Control)? And, if is a Control Output, how can I know wich "Controller number" controls the various parameters in Arpeggiator (to your parameters I would possibly add Velocity). I did an experiment with a Vector fader set as: Style: as text; Output: Control 5; Range 0 11 and I can control the Arpeggiator Resolution. But I can't find the controllers for the other parameters. I've studied the TNT tutorials but this is not exaplained. You tell me in TNT 2, I have it but I still didn't find this what I'm searching. I've seen that it's possible to use Monitor to indentify the controller you need to modify a parameter of a mixer, but this does'nt work with arpeggiator (or...?). Rounik, I'm conscious I'm stealyng a lot of your your time. I really don't know how to give back (ricambiare). If ever you'll come to Italy you can be my guest for a tour in Trentino Alto Adige and Garda Lake. Ciao, stammi bene e grazie Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Ciao Roberto, Grazie. Sorry, I didn't realise you had only been in the Environment for one week! OK. I think you should go slowly.. lentamente ;) That's right, you're correct, the Arpeggiator doesn't produce it's own parameter values as such that can be viewed via a Monitor. However, there are ways to control an Arpeggiator :) But seriously, it sounds like you are absorbing so much information that you will be a master of the Environment in no time. Thank you for your kind offer. btw, you are not stealing my time - of course not! I I am sending you a private message... Stai bene, Rounik
  • roberto
    thank you Rounik I'll wait for the message. I'm starving for it. So many wonders I'm discovering! W Environment! ciao e a presto Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Roberto, I sent the message straight away. Did you get it? It will be in your Inbox (top right) Make sure that in your Forum Settings you have "Enable private messages" ticked :) :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: