macProVideo.com
Forums
  • roberto
    moving notes from channel to channel
    Hallo everybody here's my new daily problem. I need to move notes from a channel to another. Say that I have a score for piano in two channels (Style: Piano) and I want to transform it in a four channels Piano (Style: 1+2/3+4) to have a total control of polyphony and randomizing in environment any single channel. Of course I can do it "by hand" with the Voice Separator Tool but it's a long work. I wonder if there is a way with the Transform Window, selecting a range of notes and asking to move them, say, from channel 2 to chan. 3. I' ve already studied all Steve H. tutorials and a good part of the manual I can't find how. Any help? If you could simply insert a picture of the Transform window set for this task, it could be great. (message for Rounik: hey, don't do anymore work for me, please, you did more than enough. Let somebody else do it). Thanks to all for the attention Roberto
  • roberto
    Re: moving notes from channel to channel
    Uff, how stupid I am. I've found it. Very ease. So don't loose time for me. But if enybody is interest I can exaplain. ciao and excuse me for disturbance Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roberto Cool! Glad you found the answer :) As a "rule of thumb" I would suggest always posting the answer. Someone may find this thread later and be searching for the answer, so they will thank you for posting the answer to their question :) btw, no question is a disturbance! It's a gift... Thanks Rounik
  • roberto
    you're right Rounik, and I'm so glad if I can help, so the solution to the mistery is to set the Trasform Window this way: preset: Transposition mode: Apply operation to selected events CONDITIONS: position: All status: = Note Channel: = X (the number of the Ch. where are the notes you want to move from) all other conditions: All (for this very task) OPERATIONS: all operations set to Thru ecxept Channnel: Add (1; 2; 3; etc.) The number you'll set to Add will move the notes from the channel you have choosen in Conditions (say, Channel 2) to that much: es: If you want to move notes from Ch. 2 to Ch. 4 you'll set Conditions: Channel = 2 Operations: Channel Add 2 2+2=4 so the selected notes will be moved from Ch. 2 to Ch.4 I hope it's clear ciao a tutti Roberto
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: