macProVideo.com
Forums
  • roberto
    Rounik's Randomizer
    Hey Rounik spero tu stia bene. So... I'm working on your Tuorial in TNT2. Very interesting. Almost everything seems to me clear (and you know that I'm an environment beginner) but one thing I don't understand at the very beginning, when you show the hidden tracks, than you say tha you connect one midi track to Microphaser. That's the unclear point to me, I mean: I can connect the midi track to the Transformer object (named Randomizer), but this doesn't work. Or I can connect the midi track with notes inside, of course, to it's Instrument and then drag Randomizer on the track header in Arrange to connect it but ...even this doesn't work. I've followed step by step your setting of the "Randomizer" transform window so ... what else could it be? thank you, as always Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Rounik's Randomizer
    Hey Roberto, Sto Molto bene, grazie, and you? Spero ti stai bene ancora. Alora, Check out Video 49. I take you through the process of building the randomizer more slowly... It's important to create a Randomizer (transformer), and cable the transformer TO the Software Instrument Channel strip. Now, assign a new track in the Arrange to the Randomizer. Place some MIDI notes in a region on the Randomizers track in the Arrange. Now press 'Play' and it should begin randomizing if you've got all the transformer parameters set up right. Let me know, and enjoy randomizing ;-) Rounik
  • roberto
    here I am Rounik I've watched 3, 4 times your tutorial, I've builded the all machine that works perfectly (all remote controls and so on) EXCPET the very fisrt connection. please, where is my mistake?: in lesson 49 you show a Mixer Level with only one AUDIO channel strip (where are the others?) so 1- I've created a new level and I moved there the AUDIO Channel Strip from Mixer level where you have the Aple loop Piano Bar. 2-Then you create a Randomizer (Transformer) and a Monitor. You connect the AUDIO (NOT SOFTWARE) Channel Strip to the Monitor and connect the Transformer to the AUDIO Ch.Strip. and set the Transform window with all the parameters that Monitor gives you (and that I've copyed). Done. 3-than I've create in arrange a software Instrumet Track, put some note inside and drag the Transformer to it's Head to connect it. But it doesn't work. So the problem is in this very first steps, because all the rest works perfectly. Am I right that the Jazz Piano Channel Strip is an AUDIO and not SOFTWARE INSTRUMENT? But in your answer you tell me to connect Randomizer to the Software Instrument track. Somewhere here musyt be my mistake thank you roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Roberto 1. You don't need to create a new layer for the Audio Channel strip in the Mixer layer of the Environment. When recording the tutorial I made Logic's screen size smaller, so I just moved the channel strips away off screen. You don't have to move them away, it's ok to have them there. :) Try moving it back to the Mixer Layer. 2. Yes. Correct. It can be an audio CS or a Software Instrument CS. I forgot I used audio CS in the tutorial. 3. That sounds fine.... Let me try and break it down so we can see where the mis-connection is (Logic's environment can get upset when moving Channel strips across layers): 1. Start a New Project & create 2 audio tracks for this example. 2. On the audio track 1 place an apple loop or audio region of your choice. 3. Use the same plug-in effects for now - of course, change them after successfully doing the tutorial :) 4. Open the Environment. Go to the 'Mixer Layer'. Move the Channel Strips in whatever order you wish :) 5. Create a transformer and Monitor. 6. Cable the Audio 1 to ---> Monitor 7. Cable the Transformer to --> Audio 1 8. Adjust all transformer settings to match tutorial, or whatever plug-in parameter you wish to randomize. 9. In the Arrange, reassign the Audio 2 track header to be the Transformer (drag transformer onto it or use the MIDI Thru tool if you know how to). 10. Draw some simple notes into a region and place on the Transformers Arrange track. 11. Press play and let Logic randomize! :) Hope I haven't left any steps out... I'm not near Logic right now. Let me know if that helps Rounik
  • roberto
    Rounik I REALLY want to publicly thank you for all the help you gave me in this days! With your randomizer I'm now doing great things and, even more, makes me fell how much more I can learn and discover in Logic. You are a really special person, part of a great stuff! I hope one day i'll be able to give back all what I'm receiving here (for free!) I wish all the best to you. Sii felice... Roberto
  • Rounik Admin
    Thanks Roberto, What you've given back, in terms of your feedback and kind words, are more than enough & most apprecated! Glad to know the Randomizer tutorial has inspired you :) Have a great day! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: