macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Valdar
    Novice seeks your input.
    Hi Everyone, This is my first post and Iâm a Logic novice. I finally purchased a brand new MacBook Pro, Logic Studio and the Apogee Duet interface. Iâve always wanted to learn Logic and Iâm really excited about my new investment. I am an avid Industrial musician and I have always relied on my producers to help me bring my ideas to life, so Iâm very much looking forward to learning how do it myself. After doing a lot of research I quickly realizing the MPV is the way to go. Now that Iâm SUPER BROKE from my recent purchase, losing my overtime and getting a 20% paycut at work. I want to spend what little money I have/get as smart as possible. My first question is.. Besides the obvious and starting with Logic 101 as my first purchase, is there a specific order that I should purchase tutorials in? As much as I would like to purchase the whole Logic bundle, my wallet just simply wonât allow it. Thanks in advance. Gabriel P.S. Thank you to Rounik Sethi for letting me know about this forum.
  • mauricioenmexico
    Re: Novice seeks your input.
    Hi, this is Mauricio, from Mexico. I´m a kind of novice too (I´ve started last november) and I´ve doing very well with the Mixing R&B. I dont really think you need the ultrabeat or the logic synthethizers courses right now. Learning how to record and mix is the base of everything. By the way, it would be good if you write this guys a mail asking for a Mixing Rock and Pop course. I ´ve already did and if we all ask for that steve will launch one for us. (dont you, Steve?) G L mauricio en mexico
  • Valdar
    Only one reply? I thought that this was an "active" forum...
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Valdar, I guess most peeps are busy playing with NEDi on their iPhones ;-D Personally if I was learning Logic for the first time and I had to choose 4 tutorials this is the order I would choose: 1. Logic 8 101: Core Logic 8 This is essential in my book. Gives you so much info and takes you through all the essential functions plus more! 2. Logic 102: Exploring the EXS24 Realy important to understand sampling and the sampler for Logic in my opinion. Great whether you are into electro or rock.. ;) 3. Logic 204: Ultrabeat / Logic 206: ES2 / 205: Sculpture: This depends on you. Are you interested in learning all about Logic's own drum sampler and synth, the ES2 synth - knowledge here can be applied to most of the synths in Logic. Scupture - wow... 4. ouch - this is hard... It's a tough choice between one of the above you didn't choose, or... Logic 201: Master Class - which is really practical advanced techniques for editing. Especially great if you are into recording kits and editing them later - but not exclusively for that purpose. TNT1 : 6 hours of tips and tricks. Need I say more Waveburner: Gonna be mastering and burning your tracks to CD? Logic 404: One of my favourites ever. Would watch this & 403 last... Valuable mixing tips from World class producers. Need I say more? OK. So I haven't really narrowed it down to 4 have I... Right let me try again with 5 (geez, this might change again tomorrow): 1. Logic 101 2. The EXS24 3. Ultrabeat 4. ES2 5. TNT1 / Logic 404 It all comes down to the kind of music you make... do give us more info on that! Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: