macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Paul Annis
    Logic Pro & BFD2 Multi Midi tracks controlling BFD2
    Hi People, I'm pulling my hair out trying to work out if I can do the below - MIDI Track 1 BFD2 loaded with drum kit and percussion. I record my playing in via Roland TD20, drum track down, all good! Midi track 2 I now want to play some percussion parts in via keyboard/TD20 etc etc triggering BFD2 so I wire the output stright in to the BFD2 Channel. I record my lovley percussion, all ok Now I want to have independent volume control over each channel, can it be done? I've been watching Steve H's videos on transformers but don't seem to be getting anywhere. The key bit for me is being able to record MIDI on seperate channels as I play in real time. If anyone can help it would be much apreciated! Cheers Paul
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic Pro & BFD2 Multi Midi tracks controlling BFD2
    Hi Paul Steve H's method of using transformers to gain independent volume control over separate MIDI Channels works well. At point are you coming unstuck? Another way to have control over individual voices from any multi instrument is to route the voices/parts to different outputs from within BFD. Now in the Mixer click on the + button on your Software Instrument Channel strip to create Aux channels. The inputs should correspond to the outputs from within BFD. You can now easily control the volume, pan etc and place effect plug-ins on the different channels! Does that help? Rounik
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Guys, just to make this point clear, the plus sign only appears if you initiated BFD as a multi-OUTPUT instrument. By default it appears as a stereo instrument so will have to be reloaded. To do this you just click and hold on the BFD insert and renavigate to BFD multi (there's only generally two options, stereo or multi). Fear not however, as Logic is smart and it will reload your stereo kit as a multi kit with all the same samples reloaded as well.
  • Bob C
    How does one point (route) BFD at the AUX channels created? I love the concept of having all the control in one place...the mixer.
  • Cajypiu
    Hi Bob, there should be a way of assigning voices in BFD to output channels in Logic. Some software you can route voices to 'internal sampler busses' which are then pointed at logic channels. I haven't used BFD but look up the multichannel spiel in the manual and it will tell you how to do it. If in doubt, right click!
  • Bob C
    Hello everybody, I found a tutorial that helped me get the BFD drums running in the mixer as mentioned above. Here's the link: http://www.fxpansion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7567771&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 Thanks for all the help! Bob C
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: