macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Trigue
    Using Soft.Instruments+Inserts for single midi channels?
    Hi all, and congratulations for this grate comunity here. I have a question. I am using a Logic Studio 8.02 with a lot off another AU plugins. But this exactly, that I want to know, is about the midi channels in the mixer. Example... When I am using Kontakt Player and another same Midi-channel based plugins with different sound banks and create some Midi channels for kicks, Hihats, Snares and etc...There aren't any inserts or any of Inputs,Outputs or sends on these channels. I can insert when I need compressor for the drumkicks or different elements only on the soft output channel or on diffirent aux channels, where the soft instrument is connected or via bus and etc..So, my idea is not to compress or effect all of this samples used via midi channels together, I want effekt exactly the midi channel, what I choose and its must don't take effekt on the other midi channels connected to this output channel with soft. Instrument.In the Kontakt player I have a compressor and another effects, but can I use the host for this (in my case Logic)? Is there a way how to do it, may be via Envoriment + transform? Regards, Trigue
  • Trigue
    Re: Using Soft.Instruments+Inserts for single midi channels?
    I found the way, no help need. If you wanna know how did it, ask me.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Trigue, Welcome to the forums :) I was just about to answer your question - but finding the solution yourself is also great ;) I'm assuming you routed the individual parts from within your Instrument plugin to different outputs, created Aux tracks in the Mixer and placed plugins on those Aux Channels. You can also add these Aux Channels to your Arrange area to enable you to automate the parameters of the insert plugins. :) Rounik
  • Trigue
    Hi Rounik and 10x for the answer. Yes, I am doing it in the same way, but with Multioutputs too and everything is fine. My friends asking me,why you do this to save CPU power? Because my Computer is not slow.Can you just load more from the Soft Instruments and use the patches what you need,is it not the same? Is there any other defference, or it is only important for saving CPU-power? I am using this way to create different powerfull instruments via Envoriment. For Example,1 multiistrument / from 2 Spectrasonic's Omnispheres all 16 midi channels are loaded./ :) Trigue
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Trigue Yes, it is CPU-saving for your Mac. In theory running 8 stereo instances of Omnisphere will place more strain on your Mac than if you run it as a multi :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: