macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SixStringsDown
    Re: May TNT
    Where is May? Same thing happened. No May. I just downloaded the latest update too that said it was fixing this in the update fixes. I'm running 3.1.3 rrrrrrgggggg
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Tieg Can you try resetting NED's preferences since downloading the new update for NED: 1. Make sure NED is closed. 2. Delete all version of NED on your computer (NED 1, 2 and 3). 3. Open a Finder window and go to your user account > Library > Preferences 4. Find the "com.nonlineareducating.NED3.plist" and the "NED_Player.plist" files and delete them. (Don't worry if you don't find the NED_Player.plist files, but it's important to delete if you find it). 5. Download NED 3 again here : http://www.macprovideo.com/meetned/ 6. Start NED 7. Enter your account info when prompted. 8. If you changed the Download Folder location, you'll have to do that again under NED > Preferences. 9. Click on "Downloads & Admin" and press the "Download" button. If you are still not able to download the May edition please do the following: 1. Launch NED and select the TNT2 tutorial in the Library and click on the delete button. 2. Quit NED. You can empty the trash if you like 3.Ã Repeat steps 1, 3 and 4 above. (No need to delete NED!) 4. Open NED 5. Click on Downloads & Admin and make sure TNT2 is enabled in the Tutorial list and click on 'Download' Hope this helps & enjoy the May TNT!!! :) Rounik
  • SixStringsDown
    The first 9 steps didn't work. That was a waste of time. So I did then next sequence of steps and that worked. but it took 20 minutes. I had to do this for April. This is getting annoying. I hope I don't have to delete TNT2 to get Junes
  • Rocoxee
    I just updated to NED 3.1.3 as well and still no May update. I have deleted everything on many, many ocations. This seems to be an on going thing with my computer as well. I don't have any other copies of NED on my computer and have spent many hours doing this process. I am an expert at it by now but there has to be another way around this. Love the tutorials and the work you guys do so this is not meant to slam or degrade all the awesome work that is done. This is just what happens when you do such great work and you can't get at it. We scream for more food when we can't get at the material we subscribed to. I have made a lot of notes (foolishly), does that mean that if I delete the TNT2 and re-download that they will be gone or will the .plst file reconnect the notes to the tutorials again? Thanks for your help.
  • Rocoxee
    By the way I have tried downloading on my home computer this morning which is a PPC and not the Intel I am normally using and it has the same problem with 10.5.7 and N.E.D. 3.1.3
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Skillet Have you tried the second part of what I suggested above in 3.1.3 - and it still doesn't download? Sorry about this issue. We are working on it! I just checked the notes and preferences feature. and on my system trashing preferences and then launching NED did not delete any notes I had made... If you'd prefer to be safer, drag the ned preference file to your desktop. Cheers Rounik
  • macnando
    Hi Steve H., Congratulations for this amazing tutorial, really creative. This is what put me in the sinth world in the early 80's. But, I have to tell you, since I record with Trilok Gurtu, an outstanding percussionist and tabla player, I realized how many skills are required to play this beautiful instrument conveniently. Your try is the most aproximated one to the real thing I ever heard. You probably also know Zakir Hussain, one of my favorites. They are both from India and, for those that don't know those guys, give a try. Thanks once again Steve! macnando
  • Rocoxee
    Yeah I can now watch the May tutorial! Removing the movies however did remove all of my notes even after saving the .plst to the desktop and putting it back after the May tutorial downloaded. Anyway cool tutorial I don't know how I have missed all these years that selecting note in the status byte/nibble in a transformer actually gives you the note names. I have always just used the numbers for filtering notes. Also just a note that if you use your wheel on the mouse you can actually scroll up and down on the chord memorizer (something I accidentally stumbled upon). One of those bizarre hidden things that I am not sure why they don't just put a scrollbar or arrow keys to move up and down or why you can't resize. Kind of reminds me of the hidden screen refresh button that was in the top right of the Environment in Logic 7 and earlier. Also another note that if you use the Indian & Middle Eastern Kit from Ultrabeat there are more tabla sounds to choose from. You can map the sequence keys that aren't being used for rests if you would like or just mute the sitar for the pitched notes. Loads-o-fun with a Delay Designer in the chain not authentic but hey it sounds neat.
  • steveH
    Hey Skillet, Great tips... thanks! Steve H
  • ricp
    I just want to add my voice of frustration here in the inability to have N.E.D. download the newest episodes. I have had to delete all of my TNT2 files for both April and May now and it is really sloppy that you are requiring this in order to get what we paid for. I'm thankful that June is the last entry so I will not have to go through this time consuming process anymore. The content in the videos is fantastic, but the process by which we need to get them is sloppy and unprofessional.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: