macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Gorynui
    Re: Sudden silence
    Well, I gave up on that particular problem piece, as it seemed to be the only one with that issue. Until today. I've been working on a piece with external midi, software instruments (including Omnisphere) and a couple of audio tracks. I had just muted all but my external midi and a stereo audio track, so record the midi audio, and when I un-muted everything else, they weren't showing signs of any signal in their channel strips. I can hear the audio that I just recorded fine, but nothing from the other 6 tracks. Otherwise, I didn't change any of those tracks at all. I'm going to try repairing disk permissions (recommended on a thread for general repairs). Any further thoughts would be appreciated.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sammy Sorry for the late reply! If you want you can you send me the project so I can take a look at it. There are many ways 'sound' can not reach the output in Logic... Upload the zipped (compressed) project folder to www.sendspace.com and send me the link via the Private message (don't post it here on the forum unless you want everyone to download it!) :) Rounik
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sammy thanks for sending it over. Prince of Action - all channels playback fine Prince of Action 2 - only 1 audio channel plays back Prince of Action 3 - all channels playback fine. I have a couple of suggestions... Let's try this first. Set your device to Built-in: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio It may not be Logic that is being naughty in this situation... what audio interface do you normally use again? :) Rounik
  • Gorynui
    Thanks for your suggestions. I'm in the middle of a deadline, so I likely won't have a chance to try this until tomorrow now. I totally forgot that I sent all 3 versions of Prince. It was only the second that ever gave me problems. My usual interface is the M-Audio Firewire 410. I had an MBox for ProTools as well, but that has gone back to school.
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Sammy There was something funky going on with Prince of Action 2... What I did to solve the issue was simply: - play the project. - Solo the French Horn track. The sound of French horns suddenly appears! - Unsolo the French horns and all parts are not audible. Can't explain this one. But hopefully this workaround will come in handy. Good luck with the deadline! Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: