macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Philip
    Getting MIDI keyboard/interface to work
    I'm using a brand new Line 6 KB37 MIDI keyboard/interface. Tried it out in garageband and could work it fine. In Logic I can't get it to make a sound, either using the keyboard, XLR or guitar jack. My drivers are up to date. What am I missing?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Getting MIDI keyboard/interface to work
    Hi Philip Welcome to the forums! To set your device in Logic go to: Logic Pro > Preferences> Audio > [devices] Hope that helps Rounik
  • Philip
    I went to that panel and my device is already selected under devices :S
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Philip Have you: - connected a mic or guitar to the Line 6 KB37 input? - Created an audio track and record enabled it? - selected the correct audio input for the audio channel strip? - got software monitoring turned on in Logic: Logic Pro > Preferences > Audio - got speakers or headphones connected to the output of your Line 6 KB37? ---------- MIDI: Have you - Connected the Line 6 KB37 via USB to your Mac? - created a software instrument track? - loaded an Instrument of channel strip setting on the Software Instrument Channel strip/track? - tried playing the keyboard? - checked In Logic's transport display when playing the keyboard. Do you see any MIDI IN data registering in the display? ----- Do you hear any sound coming from Logic at all (e.g. open the Loop Browser and click on a loop. Do you hear it)? Thanks Rounik
  • SpaceAce
    Re: Getting MIDI keyboard/interfac...
    Well you also have to assign the right plug-in (like PodFarm from Line6) to the audio track. If you want to use the keyboard of the KB37 make sure that you have chosen the KB37 as your midi input device in Logic. (To test, create a new software-instrument track, chose some synthesizer plug-in as the instrument, arm the track for recording and you should be able to hear sounds when pressing keys on the KB37-keyboard.) I have a KB37 myself and everything works fine with Logic.
  • yardmanmx
    Re: Getting MIDI keyboard/interfac...
    what you can do is connect your keyboard to logic open a song or project play a note on the keyboard and at the bottom of the screen in the transport bar check to see if you getting midi in signal it should show each note you press if that is ok then use your mouse to select on a track (in the far left side where the tack name or number is ) with a software instrument assign to it. play your keyboard once again and you should get sound . you should notice on your track or master output track the output signal on its meter. also check your cables make sure everything is fine play a audio track to make sur you are getting sound out of logic hope that help.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: