macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Alex Commins
    Suddenly Logic is freezing - when I try to record
    I have OS X 10.5.6 and Logic 8.02. I've used it on this computer for a year and a half with no problem. Suddenly, in a project I have been working on (with no previous problems), when I go to record, arm the tracks and then hit record, I immediately get the dreaded wheel and it won't stop - Logic freezes. And it's now doing this in other projects, so it's not just this project. I ahve to force quit it. I also notice that Finder is then frozen (after I force quit Logic). Any ideas or thoughts how to fix it? or shpould I just re-install Logic (the whole Studio, I gather would be best to re-install)? If I have to reinstall it (and hopefully that will fix it), is there any way to save my templates first ? and any way to save the most recent projects accessed (so when I go to the File / Open Recent they will be there). ALSO, AND REAL IMPORTANT, HOW CAN I SAVE MY CHANNEL SETTINGS I MADE AND NAMED AND SOME OF THE PUG IN SETTINGS I'VE TWEAKED?
  • Bj
    Re: Suddenly Logic is freezing - when I try to record
    Hi Alex, Before considering a Re Install have you done a Repair Permissions and a re start ? For s step by step guide on how to Repair Permissions check out Rouniks Post under GENERAL, ' KEEPING YOUR MAC HAPPY... To save your Templates and any Plug In and Channel Strip Settings you have Created... In the FINDER go to your Home Folder Library... Click on Application Support... then Logic and your Channel Strip Settings, Project Templates, Plug In Settings are all there. You can drag/copy those Folders to a Burn Folder, on your Desk Top, and then Burn them to CD or DVD as a back up, (always good to have)... But any Projects you have Created with Unique/original Settings and SAVED with ALL ASSETS should Open Fine if you have to Re Install Logic. But I'd try Repairing Permissions first... And I'd also do a Software Update to make sure you have the Latest Versions of everything, especially Security Updates. Hope this Helps... Cheers, Bj
  • steveH
    Re: Suddenly Logic is freezing - when I try to record
    How's your disk space?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: