macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Douche
    Not smart enough to make an aggregate device!
    I've had Logic for a week now and still am too dumb to figure out anything so bought the first tutorials.. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to answer my first issue which is plugging in to it. I followed posted instructions to make the aggregate device (using Audio Kontrol 1), and now I get output but the input doesn't work anymore. (It works fine with Audio Kontrol as input but obviously then I get no output.) Surely I must be doing something stupid but I'm not sure what. For the aggregate device I just simply put Audio Kontrol as the input and Built-in for the output. I didn't change anything else except to try putting the clock on either with the same result. Any ideas?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Not smart enough to make an aggregate device!
    Hi Douche, Welcome to the forums! In the Audio/MIDI setup have you created an aggregate device as explained here: [url]http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1215[/url] Then in Logic Pro > Preferences [Audio] Have you selected he aggregate device as your device? Cheers Rounik
  • Douche
    Re: Not smart enough to make an aggregate device!
    Yes, I had the aggregate selected. I deleted that and started over, copying everything as in the screenshots. The only change was that "24 bit recording" wasn't checked in the Logic audio preferences the first time around. Once I put a check in that box everything started working. Thanks for your help!
  • Douche
    Continued aggregate device madness
    Well this is getting frustrating. The aggregate device works, but in order for it to work I have to open Logic, connect the audio interface, wait for it to ask if I want to use it and give an answer, then go into audio and if I told it not to use the interface then select something other than aggregate device so that I then can reselect aggregate device and apply changes, or if I said to use the interface then simply switch to aggregate device and apply changes. Then it works. Closing Logic and coming back to it (without disconnecting or changing anything) gets me right back to no input and no sound until I unplug the audio interface and then start over as above. Any ideas on how to fix this, or was Logic just made like this to frustrate people into quitting?
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: