macProVideo.com
Forums
  • musica
    How to correct pops...
    Hi All, I've just finished recording a voice track. I used a pop filter but there are still some noticeable plosives or pops in the recording, and I was wondering if there's any way to improve these and make them sound a little softer. Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks!
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: How to correct pops...
    Hi musica You can take the audio files into STP and use the click/pop features to search for eradicate clicks and pops... also works ok for powerline hum etc If you prefer working in Logic, and wish to do this manually, remember one important thing: Any edits done to the audio region in the Sample Editor are destructive. They will be written to the original file. Bearing that in mind, good idea to backup the original file if you choose to edit in the SE. Personally, I'd use volume automation to reduce the plosives. Zoom right in close on the plosives if needed and reduce the level. You might find using the Channel EQ useful if some of the plosives have a very low frequency sound/pop. Cheers Rounik
  • steveH
    The sample editor is the way to go. Make sure that "select zero crossings" is activated in the SE's menu. Located your plosives one by one and gain reduce them about 6-8 dB. Not all plosives are equal... some are more egregious than others... that's why I like to deal with each one separately.
  • musica
    Hey guys, Thanks a lot for the help! I will try each way you suggested... Best,
  • AbbeyRhodes
    A quick and dirty method is to throw a high pass filter on the track at around 120Hz or higher depending on the voice. Alternatively use a multiband limiter to reduce high level sounds in the bass range. The manual method Steve H reccomended will always sound best but these methods may work and require very little time to set up.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: