macProVideo.com
Forums
  • NONOJO
    IMPORT 32 BIT ?
    CAN LOGIC 8 IMPORT 32 BIT FILES ? Trying to import audio files that were recorded on Pro tools but i can't import them . Is there a way "now" w/o having to use another program to convert it into 24 bit ? thnx j
  • Bj
    Re: IMPORT 32 BIT ?
    Hi J, If the Audio Files are Proprietary to Pro Tools you will have to convert them to import to Logic.. HTH Cheers, Bj
  • NONOJO
    Thnx bj , Ya currently they are standard wav. files. Not necessarily proprietary of pro tools . But either way it seems as if i have to convert them ? Doesn't this hinder my sound quality ? thnx J
  • bobdemaa
    Pro Tools does not record 32 bit files. If the files are from Pro Tools, then they will be 24 bit or 16 bit. Logic will import those without any conversion just fine, I do that all the time. You will only need to convert the sample rate if that doesn't match. Logic will display what the files are (sample and bit rate) in the import dialogue. if the files are 32 bit, the process gets a little more complicated. (I've had bad luck anytime I've tried doing anything with 32 bit files) You would need to find a way to convert them to 24 bit before Logic would be able to see them for import. There are a few options that might work for that. Cubase, Peak and Sample Manager would be the first that come to mind. Hinder Quality? That depends on what and in what context. The simple act of converting isn't inherently bad. The only way to know for sure is trust your ears. Do you hear a difference after converting? Is it acceptable? bd
  • NONOJO
    Thnx Bd, I used Audacity to convert them & no converting from 32 to 24 i really couldn't tell since it was simply a speech. And 24 bit is good quality either way . Maybe if it were deep bass tones i would prob hear a differnce .. But i'm satisfied ! thnx J
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: