macProVideo.com
Forums
  • SixStringsDown
    can't pan channel strips
    I can pan channel strips. But I can't seem to do any work on any channel strip when I use a pre made channel strip setting. For example, if I try to give it the "mixed choir" channel strip different panning, it immediately reverts back to the original position when I press play. They aren't grouped and there isn't any automation. What causes this?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: can't pan channel strips
    Hi Tieg, I've tried to replicate your issue with the Mixed Choir CSS, but it works fine here. 1. Do you have any regions on the track already? If so, have you checked there is no region based Automation (hyper draw) doing this...? You can open the Event list to view any Pan Controller Events. 2. Have you tried selecting the track and choosing: Options > Track Automation > Delete all Track Automation of Current Track 3. Does this happen on any track where you have not loaded a CSS? 4. Does this happen with every CSS? 5. Do you have any MIDI controller or Control Surface connected to Logic? Does this still happen if it is not connected? 6. What about if you open a new blank project... does the same thing happen? Cheers Rounik
  • SixStringsDown
    you rock. I imported a midi file from sibelius which also imported sibelius's pan data. I saw it in the controller events where you directed me. Thanks! It had happened before because I import sibelius files all the time =)
  • Rounik Admin
    Great! Glad to hear that's solved it ;-) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: