macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xyzefiy
    Crackling within seconds of playing
    Hi all, I've invested in a Mac Pro and am in the process of moving everything over from my old macbook pro. I've just set up an aggregate device with my FA-66 audio interface and my iguitar USB so I can play and record directly into logic. However, initial tryouts have produced crackling sounds within seconds of playing, even with no effects or processing on the audio channel. Something which didn't happen on my old macbook. Sample rate is 48000 on both Logic and my audio interface, buffer size, even when maxed, did not help solve the problem. Can anyone figure out what I've missed? Thanks, John
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Crackling within seconds of playing
    hmmm strange. John, do you have all the same settings for your hardware and Logic on your MacPro & Macbook? What happens if you choose a sample rate of 44100? Thanks Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    Hey Rounik, That's the funny thing. Initially, when I was setting up my aggregate device, I had everything set to 44100 and the aggregate device wouldn't tally the outputs of my audio interface and my Iguitar. When I switched sample rates, it seemed to work fine, only the crackling problem occurred. The set up on both macs are pretty much identical to my knowledge.
  • Rounik Admin
    hmmmm... Have you got the latest drivers for your iGuitar and FA66? It might be worth contacting the hardware guys support team to see if they have heard of this issue from other users too... Cheers Rounik
  • Xyzefiy
    hi sorry for the delayed reply. the strange thing is that I don't have this problem at all on GarageBand.
  • Rounik Admin
    Try setting the Buffer I/O size to 512 and test it out. Then try 1024 and 256 to check the results (while using 44100) Do you have any CPU unfriendly plug-ins on your Channel strip or Output 1-2? e.g. Limiters, Reverbs etc? What about Latency modes? If you are using 'Low Latency Mode' turn it off. If you have I/O Safety Buffer On, try turning that off too. Do you hear the crackling only during recording or during playback too? If during playback, Make sure the track is NOT record enabled and you have turned Monitoring off too. Cheers Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: