macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Xulopoe
    Logic 401 - Mastering tutorial
    This tutorial is really enticing, however I had a question. Will the information be helpful and applicable for improving the overall mixing of a project, vs. primarily targeted towards mastering? I'm hoping the techniques discussed will allow me to create a better mix, and not just create a final master. Hope that makes sense. :) Steve H rules! J.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Logic 401 - Mastering tutorial
    Hi Mannikin, Mixing is quite a different process from Mastering... Having said that, some people may disagree with me. But from a conventional point of view the process of composition in Logic or any DAW is something like this: 1. Recording 2. Arranging 3. Mixing 4. Mastering At the Mixing stage you'll typically be working with multiple tracks and balancing the levels, pan, effects and automation to create a good mix. At the Mastering stage you'll be working with one track (a bounced down version of your Mix) to add that extra sheen, loudness, presence etc. We have some excellent tutorials to help you understand Mixing better: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/logic403[/url] [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/tutorial/prodElectro[/url] Hope that helps Rounik
  • Xulopoe
    Re: Logic 401 - Mastering tutorial
    Appreciate the reply. :) I think you answered my question perfectly. Will definitely check out those tutorials. take care; J.
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: