macProVideo.com
Forums
  • sus4
    Imported midi file
    I downloaded midi file from the internet and opened it in LE8. How do I get LE8 to play all the instruments? I want all the sounds to come from just LE8 not an external module. Thanks Peter
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Imported midi file
    Hi Peter, Logic doesn't know automatically which instruments were used to play that MIDI file. You will need to create a software instrument track in Logic, place the MIDI region on that track and then load an instrument of your choice. :) Rounik
  • sus4
    Rounik I'm not quite following you. The midi file that I downloaded from the internet has about 5 or 6 tracks which opened in LE8. Some of the instruments are playing and some are not. In the channel strip one of the instruments playing says ES2. Two others are EXS. The other instruments say GM Device and they are not playing. I hope I explained it correctly. Peter
  • Zihymua
    Hi Guy, for myself i tried to import GM midi file download from internet all the possible way into Logic not with to good result. The best way it is with Bandstand from Native or with Sweetmidi player from Roni music a long way to go, open the midi file and mute all the track except the one you want to export and do the same with all the track you need from that GM midi file and after you imported it in Logic one track at a time and it will now working properly. Hope the next Logic generation will behave good with GM files Be patient
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: