macProVideo.com
Forums
  • amerikiwi
    building templates to start project styles from
    ok got a question. I love the ability to make user templates in Logic, its certainly a great time saver. lets say I have one logic template with last months TNT on the random Indian tabla. now lets say I have another session with something else, a programed environment, perhaps something like the TNT one earlier this year with the vocoder 'rumors on the internet' lets say now you started a third logic session, and you wanted to add both the random tabla and vocoders to that third session. I know you can have multiple logic session open to 'share' midi tracks is it posable to open al three sessions and drag the info or programing properties of the first 2 sessions (the tabla &vocoder) into the third? rather then having to start from scratch again? I like the idea of having start templates that do certain things to save time, I'd love to be able to string a few of these together to get a bit of time saving going on. Im working on a template with all the basic 1st position guitar chords maj,min, 7th, dom 7th, power chords, inversions ect. that I could drag and drop into a track to quickly add a nylon guitar playing a simple chord on the one beat. then another inversion of a clean electric. my idea is to have these just mapped out s I could toss them from my saved template and drag them into the logic session im working on. I then want to try the random tabla thing from mays TNT, but with shakers and tambourine hits as the sound, I get really tired of hearing a 4 bar loop over and over again, it sound to looped to me and Steve's idea of random hits and velocities really inspired me. thanks Amerikiwi
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: building templates to start project styles from
    Hi Amerikiwi, There is a way of importing an environment layer from a project that is not open. However, I've found it can cause issues, especially with some of the more adventurous Environments (like Steve H's ;). I'd recommend opening two projects. Copying and pasting objects from one to the other. Then saving the "Master one" as a template. Then repeat that until you have one amazing template that can do pretty much everything except make a cappuccino... hmmm.... Perhaps that will be coming in the June edition ;) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: