macProVideo.com
Forums
  • MouKeefe
    new trax?
    I just bought Logic Express after using Garage Band for a couple years. I was used to that little add a track + symbol that was so easy. Now I cant seem to figure out how to add a fresh track that is specifically designated for the application (instrument) I want to use. When I SHIFT + RETURN I just get a copy of the track I was on last. I even have the training book and that is the only reference they give to creating a new track. I'm sure there is an easy answer to this. Can some one give it to me? Thank You!
  • macnando
    Re: new trax?
    Hi, There are 2 ways to do it (at least): in the Arrange Window create another track the way you did, shift>return make sure you see the parameters from this new track if you cannot see them, choose Parameters on the View menu or digit P click and hold on top of the channel you just created (probably track 1) you'll see many options for the new track - Audio, Instrument, Aux, Bus, etc) Another way: in the Arrange Window, under Track menu, select Create Multiple... in this window choose what kind and how many tracks you want Hope it helps:-)
  • Christian L
    Re: new trax?
    In Logic Pro there is the command "Create with next instrument" which unfortunately in not available in express. Create Multiple will do it. If you want to create just one track, choose Create multiple and type just "1".
You must be logged in to post a reply
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: