macProVideo.com
Forums
  • nemrock
    i can't get sonik synth 2 to work with logic pro 8
    I just installed sonik synth2 and i followed the instructions fully but when i launch logic and try to select the au it's not there so i installed the update but it still doens't work what am i doing wrong?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: i can't get sonik synth 2 to work with logic pro 8
    Hi nemrock, Welcome to macProVdeo forums! Close Logic. In the User/Your User Name/Libary/Audio / Plugins/Components/ folder check that the Sonik SYnth2 .component file is there. Open Logic, it should be available as an instrument plugin in any Software Instrument's I/O slot. What version of Logic 8 are you running? 8.0.2? Cheers Rounik
  • nemrock
    i am using 8.0.2 is that a problem
  • Bj
    Hi Nemrock, Not a problem at all... That's the Latest Version... Have you done a Repair Permissions and a Restart...? Always a good idea after installing new software... Click and Hold on the I/O of a Channel Strip, at the bottem of the drop down menu is where the AU Insruments live... Hopefully yours will be there... HTH Cheers, Bj
  • nemrock
    no i have not i just purchased my mac how do i repair permissions
  • Bj
    Hi Nemrock, In the Forum, under GENERAL, there is a step by step Guide in Keeping Your Mac Happy Very straight forward proceedure... Have Fun... Cheers, Bj
  • nemrock
    i did it and it still doesn't work
  • Bj
    Hi Nemrock, Got this off the Sonic Site... "Starting Sonik Synth 2 in Logic Pro/Express 8." Launch Logic. Go to File/New/Empty project, for example. When the New Tracks windows appear, type 1 on the Number box, then select Soft Instrument from the Type options and click Create. In Instrument 1 track, click on I/O and go to AU Instruments/IK Multimedia/Sonik Synth 2/Stereo. In Sonik Synth 2, open an instrument folder and double click on a desired instrument. To monitor, just click on the virtual keyboard or play via your MIDI controller. To record, click the REC transport button and play your MIDI controller. To set up Sonik Synth 2 as multitimbral instrument, just enable the Multitimbral check box when the New Tracks windows appear. - In Instrument 1 track, click on I/O and go to AU Instruments/IK Multimedia/Sonik Synth 2/Multi Output (16 x Mono), for example. - After Sonik Synth 2 interface opens, select and open an instrument per each of the 16 parts. Logic 8 will sequentially route each of the 16 tracks to the related Sonik Synth 2 parts. FAQ ID: 1772 Does this help... ? Lookig at their Website it appears you have to register your product and get and install the latest version of it for Intel Macs... If you have done all this and it still doesn't work they suggest getting in contact with IK Multi Media Tech Support.... HTH Cheers, Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: