macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Wigwam
    CablingChannelStripsProblem
    Followed your vid 155 step by step All good until... I tried moving the instrument fader to adjust the overall level of my three cabled bass insts ALL levels jumped to the 'control' instrument's fader level Your vid doesnt actually show you ever touching the inst Any solutions?
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: CablingChannelStripsProblem
    Hi Wigwam, Which tutorial are you referring to? Thanks Rounik
  • Wigwam
    As I mentioned Vid No 155 from the Logic8101.prgm As I say I've got all the way thru fine But as soon as touch the controlling 'instrument' fader all three bass instrument fader levels jump to that of the controlling instrument
  • Rounik Admin
    You didn't actually mention the tutorial name, which is why I asked ;) That's the general idea: The "Controlling Instrument" controls the volume and pan on channel strips connected to it. It allows you to set levels etc and layer conveniently usin one channel strip only. There are many solutions possible in Logic's Environment, to filter out these CC messages sent from the "Controlling" CS. This is one I would use: 1. Open the Environment. 2. For this example (using 3 channel strips) choose: New > transformer (Do this twice) 3. Connect the transformers into your chain as follows: Inst 1 --> Trans --> Inst 2 --> Trans --> Inst 3 4. Double click on a transformer and set as follows: - the Mode to "Filter Matching Events" - Status = Control - Channel = All - Data Byte 1 = 7 - Data Byte 2 "ALL" That should do the trick. [img]http://i41.tinypic.com/2zp8isk.png[/img] Does that help? Rounik
  • Wigwam
    Sorry Rounik I meant video 156 from Logic8 101 The purpose of this vid is to give simultaneous control of multiple insts (from 1 controller inst) whilst preserving the respective volumes of each channel strip
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Wigwam, I just watched video 156. I see what you mean. The purpose of the video is to show how using an instrument object allows you to change the levels of each channel independently. However, by moving the Instrument object's level, all channels cabled to it will adjust to the precise level (and not maintain their relative levels). The best way around this is either: - change each channel strip independently or - open the Mixer or Environment, select the 3 channel strips and adjust one of the level faders. Another way would be to use a SI channel strip instead of the Instrument object & insert a gain plugin on the "Controlling" CS and adjust the level in the gain plugin. Alternatively, (yes, there are probably many more variations on this method!) In I/O of the 3 channel strips, change "Output 1-2" to an empty Bus. A new Aux channel strip is created (you'll see it in the Mixer) using the input of the Bus you chose. Now you can use that to control the overall level of the channels... Hope that helps :) Rounik
  • Wigwam
    Cheers Rounik I've been using option 3 already (which is flattering cos I figured that one myself!!) But the prob there is that global midi treatments of the layer are awkward But an SI CS Controller looks to be the one Cant believe Mr Sitter doesnt have his solution because the relative levels is the very thing Martin was trying to show how to PRESERVE Wigwam
  • Wigwam
    Gain didnt work ( I guess cos the SI is blank) But a combi of mine and yours did!! What's the best way to Add image BTW cos I wanna show you the Envi Layer solution Cheers R W
  • Rounik Admin
    Hi Wigwam, I haven't had a chance to try this out. May get time over the weekend (Gain plugin idea). So, I'm curious to see your Env layer solution. I've written a thread explaining how to upload & place pics into a post here: [url]http://www.macprovideo.com/forum/logic/logic-pro-express&id=15245[/url] Cheers Rounik
  • Wigwam
    Here ya go Rounik The SI does all the midi (volume disabled by transformer) And the PADS bus give me overall dynamic control of the layer I can tweak the individual pads volumes in the main mixer window THanks for your bit of the puzzle [img]http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3770/wigwamlayer.png[/img]
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: