macProVideo.com
Forums
  • logicluvva
    Audio Editing & layering drums in STP2
    Hi. I'd like to use Soundtrack Pro 2 to edit separate drum sounds and mix them together, or extract different components for a new kick sound.Layering. How do I load MULTIPLE audio files, like three separate kick drums.. straight from Logic's arrange page into STP2's audio editor ? I've only previously opened single files from the arrange. Ideally I'd like one file ' stacked' upon another , not in ' tabs'. So I can compare the shapes of the waveforms.Then flatten to a resultant sound. Also, does it have an ADSR tool like Sony Sound Forge ? I'd like to know if I am barking up the right tree or not. Thanks.
  • Rounik Admin
    Re: Audio Editing & layering drums in STP2
    [quote:64172] How do I load MULTIPLE audio files, like three separate kick drums.. straight from Logic's arrange page into STP2's audio editor ? I've only previously opened single files from the arrange. [/quote] Hi Pala, AFAIK you can't send multiple files from Logic into one multi track STP project :( You'd have to do this manually from the Finder or bounce the 3 layers in Logic and send it over to STP, which kinda defeats what you want to do? I'm not familiar with Sound Forge's ADSR tool. Can you describe it in more detail? :) Rounik
  • logicluvva
    Thanks. I am following a tutorial on layering.the author uses an 'ADSR Tool' in Sound Forge. You are able to move around a set of 'nodes' that are super-imposed upon the waveform of each audio file.By choosing a point along the zero axis, different sections of the wave can be isolated, in a sense. This re-shapes the sound, enabling you to render separate attack or sustain components ( etc) from individual drum hits.It leaves you with an 'air' section that you trim off.So you can build up a library of different ' blends' of drums. I'm just learning from ground up anyway. In STP2, I have found the equivalents of the other tools the author has used but not the ADSR nodes tool. p.s I have only just now wanted to view 2 audio files in STP2.I can get them as tabs but not one directly above the other
  • Rounik Admin
    Hey Pala, AFAIK there isn't anything comparable in STP2. I've always heard good things about Sound Forge... You can open a Multi project in STP and then import the files into the project that way. :) Rounik
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: