macProVideo.com
Forums
  • Eddie
    EXS24 missing samples
    Hi all, I have read different threads on missing samples after a clean install. I am working out of town and do not have my original copy of Logic 8 to reinstall on my Macbook Pro. I think I understand it has something to do with Garageband and I can either reinstall part of Logic or iLife and it will straighten itself out. I am real fuzzy on this whole thing. I hope there is a way to fix it without reinstalling anything. Is there a way to fix this without another install? Thanks
  • Bj
    Re: EXS24 missing samples
    Hi Eddie, Was has happened in the past, when first Installing Logic, is that the Legacy Folder (EXS Samples and Others) is not Ticked and thus not Installed... The only way ( I know of ) is to Insert the Install Disc and do a Custom Install making sure the Legacy Folder is ticked... If there's another way, I'd be very interested to know it... HTH, Cheers, Bj
  • Logic22
    it happened to me when I installed Logic 8 and what helped was a free App called Pacifist which allows you to install individual items within a Package. do a search on Google and see what happens. it also helps if you have some idea of what's missing to track them down inside the Package.
  • Bj
    Thanks Logic22, Haven't used Pacifist myself but am aware of it... Glad it's worked for you... I just did a custom install making sure all the folders I wanted were ticked... Enjoy all those 'extra bits'... Cheers, Bj
You must be logged in to post a reply
Recent Threads
Recent Posts
Feedback
Course Advisor
Don't Know Where To Start?
Ask A Course Advisor
Ask Us!
Copy the link below and paste it into an email, forum, or Facebook to share this with your friends.
Make money when you share our links
Become a macProVideo.com Affiliate!
The current affiliate rate is: 50%
Classes Start Next Week!
Live 8-week Online Certification Classes for: